View Single Post
      05-02-2012, 07:42 PM   #21
simianspeedster
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2020 840i Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by KingOfJericho View Post
I don't want you to think I was trying to dissuade you from getting a 1er, rather just the opposite. I test drove the 335 several times before getting the 1er and all of the complaints I had about the 335 were solved with the 1. 335 always felt too large and too refined to me. At the moment it's just me, my wife, and our dog and we take the 135i about 95% of the time. Space has never been an issue unless the in-laws are over. She drives an FX35 and we rarely drive it on the weekends. I find AWD and SUVs in general to be complete overkill. I have never been as happy with a car as I am with the 135i... at a close second is my GTI.
I didn't take your response as dissuasion. I'm in the same boat as you. I've had my coupe for 2 years and I can count on one hand how many times someone has ridden in the back. I'd really rather have a 2 seater if I could pull it off, but I do take a lot of weekend trips with the wife and the pooch. Basically, a 911 would be perfect, but it's just a touch pricey for me.

I really want a Cayman so bad that I thought about figuring some way to strap a dog bed on the parcel shelf over the engine (where the cargo net is in this pic: http://static.cargurus.com/images/si...253861944.jpeg) Then I sobered up and realized any back seat is better for me, no matter how small.
Appreciate 0