View Single Post
      04-14-2015, 08:51 PM   #25
BillOne
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by SteveAZ View Post
Personally, my opinion is you're over thinking it. If you're looking for performance, fuel economy can't be a primary concern, it's contradictory in nature. More air flow=more fuel and both equal more power. JB4 will allow you to run economically and give you the best of both worlds by changing maps on the fly. I run both the JB4 and DP fix because in order to pass emissions (OBDII) you've got to have a DP fix, I also don't like running auto code clearing. I was having issues with high trims and running lean (before coding and then flashing) and I can tell you for certain I didn't notice higher fuel consumption than normal after either implementation. Now, that said...normal for me is about 17-18mpg but I'm running e85 and pushing over 400hp to the wheels. Gas mileage obviously isn't my biggest concern but e85 is also $.80 cheaper a gallon.
Hey Steve, you seem to have a good understanding of the DP fix. My NJ inspection is coming up in May. I have a 3 yo JB4 and fairly new xless DPs for my 08 135. When I first bought the JB4 I was under the impression that the DP fix "took care" of everything, but that's not the case, right? To pass I need an external DP fix it seems. Can you recommend one? I was looking at the VSFR DP fix for $69. Does it normally come with instructions? Does the fix get installed / connected to the JB4 harness? I'm starting to stress as May is a few short weeks away. I appreciate any info you can give me. Thanks!
Appreciate 0