View Single Post
      06-20-2015, 11:53 PM   #33
BillOne
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Quote:
Originally Posted by darkrom View Post
Autoclear has to be off. Clear all codes manually. Drive for about 100 miles to make sure they don't come back. I believe autozone will "check your readiness" for free too, so have them do it before you go pay for the test.
Thanks again for your reply, darkrom. I live in the city and the traffic here is horrendous, plus it's the weekend. I'm having trouble finding a good route to follow to complete a proper cycle. I'm going to give it another try tomorrow morning when there is little to no traffic.

So what you are saying is that if I get another check engine light, I'll need to immediately pull over and adjust the DP Fix and start over, correct?

My last few tries I drove about 10 miles in fairly heavy traffic and the light did not come on, but when I finally parked and checked the codes using my JB4 tune, I threw the same two(2C31 &2C6A) as I listed in my last post.

Again, are you suggesting that I manually clear the codes, adjust the DP Fix, then carry on with the drive cycle, or do I refrain from touching anything and simply carry on and keep driving with the check engine light on and wait for it to clear itself?

Forgive me for being anal, but I wanted to break this down step by step to cover all bases so I don't make any stupid mistakes and keep bothering you. I'm running out of time...

Thanks!
Bill
Appreciate 0