Bimmer TV
1Lover
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i M Sport PPK

Quote:
Originally Posted by Jermz View Post
Hey Bill,
Sorry for the delay in response! I have been traveling a lot for work. At about a month late, I'm sure you have fixed this by now, but just in case, I've posted:

You have been given good direction with the above responses. You should clear codes manually and then set auto clear to off. You need to make slight adjustments to the DP Fix dial and drive (I believe its 70 miles but go 100 to be safe). If the check engine light comes back on, manually clear codes, slightly adjust the DP Fix again and then drive around for another 100 miles. If you go 100 miles and the light doesn't come back on, your DP Fix is emulating the correct sensor reading, if the light comes back on, repeat.

The DP Fix instructions tell you what setting to start with and what direction to turn the dial for each adjustment. It's not likely that the DP fix will work perfectly off the bat without making any adjustments. What you experienced is normal! It took me 3 or 4 adjustments before I got the right one.

Let me know if you need anything as I should be more active!
I've been struggling with this for quite some time now. I have the VRSF DP fix installed along with AR Catless DPs. I can not get the final cat to come up as Complete/NA for the life of me. Everything else is fine except one damn sensor/cat! I get no codes so this is why I'm really confused. I haven't adjusted the DP Fix yet (set at 6 o'clock) because I am not getting any codes but I guess I'll be giving that a try next.

I have tried the DME reset: Press start, floor gas 30 seconds, press start again. I have also been using the proper driving methods to get a readiness state as well. (Cold start 2mins 10, 20-30 MPH 3minutes 15, 40-60 15-20 minutes, no over 3k RPM no over 60 MPH) 2 days ago I cleared all codes (had none) to reset all readiness states and try to get this final one to come up. I've also re-flashed with MHD back to stock.

Here is a quick rundown of what I've done in what order.
Install DP fix
Drove around for 2-3 weeks (2 cat readings incomplete still)
Flashed back to stock with MHD (now just one cat incomplete after some driving)
Gas Pedal DME reset - More Driving (still one incomplete)
Clear All Codes with MHD (still one incomplete)

Any advice greatly appreciated!
Monaco Blue/Coral Red | MHD BE Flash | RI M1 Bumper | VRSF 7" FMIC | aFe DCI Intake | AR Catless DP | ER CP & Tial Q BOV | H&R Springs | VMR 18" | Black Gloss Grills | aFe Air Intake Scoops | MFactory SMFW | 335is Clutch | Blacked Out Side Markers | Carbon Fiber Deck Spoiler | LUX LED Angel Eyes | BMW Aluminum Pedals | BMS OCC | Mishimoto OCC | RB Turbo External PVC Kit | JB4 w/ Wireless | PR Stage 2 Fuel Pump | BMS SSK
Appreciate 0