View Single Post
      04-17-2020, 09:12 PM   #4
Captain Confused
Private
Rep
Drives: 2008 128i, 1985 327i

Quote:
Originally Posted by unk045 View Post
Thanks for the reply. I've attached a pic of my VOs for multimedia.

I'm not going to say 100% guarantee that I did my NCSexpert coding right, but I'm fairly certain. Short of something off with the coding, I'm pretty certain at this point the issue is with my radio itself not actually having BT to enable BT streaming.

Isn't your media device connecting with your radio after all? Hence, I would assume BT needs to built into the radio.

But then again I can't explain why a separate BT antenna that connects to your combox is needed for BT phone. I'm assuming they serve separate BT functions/purposes which would make sense since your 'combox' is working as your 'communication box'...the same box that allows SOS, data, etc.

I'd appreciate further insight.

So im looking back at my note from when I did my retrofit. I did BT Phone and then i did the streaming. I installed a CIC from a professional radio, and I had to edit the trace file from the CIC to tell the combox that BT streaming and BT Phone were on. Once you edit the TRC file you write it back to the radio which should turn on the features.

The Radio you have is the early style without BT phone, but thats fine since the combox will control that as well. Once you install the mic and do the wiring behind the glovebox itll work.

I was also trying to do some more searching for you. But i thought BT streaming was only for CIC units. But i could be wrong. That might be the later style radio like you first posted.
Appreciate 0