02-20-2018, 12:10 PM   #106
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Originally Posted by tjswarbrick View Post
225/40 MPSS fronts - after 21,000 miles and no rotation, noticed some cords showing on the inner shoulders when I changed the oil this weekend. Car was in the shop a month ago, and they didn't mention it, so must be a pretty new development. (N55 E88 - Dinan camber plates; I think I'm set about 1.6-1.7 deg negative. Perhaps I'll have them back it off to around -1.3. Though I don't think 21k mi is too bad on a set of Super Sports on this car.)
Love 'em so much, I'm replacing tires with the same thing again.

I didn't see any such nonsense on the rears when I did the brakes 3 weeks ago. They are getting near the wear bars, but not quite there. Winter is mostly over, so I'm going to see if I can stretch them through, or at least into, the summer.

My front tires never wear the inside area. Sounds like too much negative camber. I'm running a stock suspension, but this summer I will probably will upgrade.

As for your rears... IF you are close to the wear bars... just buy new tires. The tire compound gets harder with age(especially as you get down to the wear bars) so you have less traction/grip. Also summer time also means rain... and you don't want to wreck your car in a bad rain storm. Just buy new rubber.

Dackel
Appreciate 1