Private First Class
Greece
Rep
Drives: BMW X1 U11 Sdrive 18i

Garage List
ArE
Quote:
Originally Posted by evobda2 View Post
Sorry if this has been gone through (i did a search but didnt come up with anything), or perhaps someone could paste a link if there is..
But what is involved with this conversion?
- What disc? Does a standard 335i disc work on 1 series?
- Does caliper fit straight on?
- And ive read the 335i calipers are just as good as the Brembo/135i/BBK callipers.. is this true?
- And does having the larger calliper on the front effect master cylinder ratios etc being a larger caliper than standard 1 series etc..

Again sorry for the questions, im a bit of a noob to BM's, and have just bought my girlfriend a 120D M-Sport, and want to make it run a bit nicer.
Thanks in advance!
Yes you can put a simple brake disc from 335i fit normally(in my change my choise is to use the same dimension discs with 335i but i want drilled and then i bought brake discs from zimermann).So if you want brake discs from 335 you must change the calipers with 335's.
I don't know if these calipers(335i) are the same results of braking with the brembo's & 135's but yesterday i put the brakes from 140km/h and stopped the car immediatly.It was very very quick braking.
With the front calipers i putted and at the rear axle 325i calipers with 300mm drilled discs(the same brakes with 130i &123d).I will put photos and from the rear brakes.
I think that i help you.Its a good upgrade with big brakes and low budget.
Appreciate 0