11-27-2017, 09:55 AM   #8
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
United_States
Rep
Drives: faster than he should...

Garage List
'09 135i  [10.00]
I did, the how-to I followed is linked in the first post. I've got a photobucket hotlink extension that makes the pics work again

Was pretty easy actually- I was surprised. Four hours from on the ramps to off again, and I spent an hour of that farting around with other non-car stuff, so really three hours actual work time. If I were to do it again, probably only take 1.5 or 2 hours.

Pass side is easy bolt in swap.

Pulling the brackets for the hl washers and horns was straight forward. Sharp drill bit is your friend for rivets, even plastic ones. I did try to just knock out the plastic retainer pins, but they weren't having it so after just a few moments they got the drill...

Horns went right in the holes at the end of the bumper, and wiring is already on the passenger side- they actually just ran an extension over to the drivers side for the horn. Just remove that extension and you're all set- pretty darn handy.

I've had my HL washers deactivated since I got the car, so was happy to pull em out. Disconnected the line at the connection by the passenger side headlight.

Used the bolt with 4 nuts to act as spacer/alignment. Probably spent the most time getting this right. There is a pic showing this in the first post. Two nuts hold the duct in place, and two hold the bolt to the frame. No bolt specs, was just pulled from my leftover bolt bucket.

And I'm totally tickled with how it came out. I'm pondering what to do, if anything, about the small gaps to the fender liners and on the outer edges where duct meets bumper. May not do anything- they really don't bother me at the moment, and are small enough that you don't see em unless you're at just the right angle.
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's, now with new turbo & ewg
Appreciate 0