05-14-2012, 06:40 AM   #400
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
That looks like everything I received. It all looks of high quality & was very well packaged. I'll be giving Peter a call over the next few days to ask him for tips on fitment, including;
  1. Approximate torque values?
  2. As per the pics I only received one bolt, but two sets of nuts & washers. Is this right (am I reusing one already on the car?) or should I have received two to mount the bracket?
  3. Do I need to prime the cooler/hoses once installed or does the pump do all the work and flush out the air?
  4. Should I run the new hoses approximately over the same path as the existing ones?
  5. Where should the split corrugated hose be used?
  6. Where should the small blue hose be used?
  7. Is any cutting of the wheel arch liner or front area required?
Thanks again.

PS, nice laser cutting of "ADVAN" on the bracket. Pity they can't do the centre of the "D"
+ 1 on all of these questions. It would be nice if you guys could put together a DIY for us. Some of the questions Tim put forward didn't even cross my mind so I'm glad he's put it out there.

I'm personally not a fan of the laser cutting, would much rather prefer some kind of stamp engraving as it looks a lot cleaner, plus it might have brought the cost of the kit down a bit too! Seems a bit unnecessary to me.

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
New coding is required if you want the new high power tune. This comes with the kit but has already been used/taken out of my kit. We're not sure if the coding affects the operation of the new 850w fan.

This works with our M Sport bumpers with the additional duct kit. In fact our bumpers require the least additional bits of all the N54 fitments. These are the extra bits I think we need.
51742157684 Air duct (1 of)
11122163613 Auxiliary cable for Power Kit RHD (1 of)
67618370818 Rubber Mounting M6X10 (2 of)

O.T.
Hey Vinney, with your stud kit, will a standard/impact socket fit over the nuts or are the studs too long? Are yours 75mm studs from Turner Motor-sport?
Actually that makes more sense that the coding is for the tune. If I can find the links I found the other day I'll post them up here. Yes I'm using the TM 75mm studs, so far so good. I'm also using a 17mm socket wrapped in a rubber/silicon sleeve that I picked up from SCA with my impact. Changing wheels/bolts has never been easier
Appreciate 0