05-14-2012, 05:05 PM   #405
Justin@ADVAN Performance
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: N54 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by TimMc View Post
That looks like everything I received. It all looks of high quality & was very well packaged. I'll be giving Peter a call over the next few days to ask him for tips on fitment, including;
  1. Approximate torque values?
  2. As per the pics I only received one bolt, but two sets of nuts & washers. Is this right (am I reusing one already on the car?) or should I have received two to mount the bracket?
  3. Do I need to prime the cooler/hoses once installed or does the pump do all the work and flush out the air?
  4. Should I run the new hoses approximately over the same path as the existing ones?
  5. Where should the split corrugated hose be used?
  6. Where should the small blue hose be used?
  7. Is any cutting of the wheel arch liner or front area required?
Thanks again.

PS, nice laser cutting of "ADVAN" on the bracket. Pity they can't do the centre of the "D"
Hey Tim,

in response to your questions.

1. A torque wrench is not required when tensioning the hose ends or fittings. Be firm but do not be hanging off the end of the spanner or shifter.

2. The one bolt with washer secures the -10 AN oil filter housing adapter to the underside of the OE housing, only one bolt is required. The 2 x washers & nut fasten the mounting bracket to the two OE threaded studs, that you will clearly see once the OE cooler is removed.

3. There is no need to prime the cooler or hoses with oil.

4. I will post up some pics showing the hose path, when looking down into the engine bay from above and when looking side on at the exposed mounting bracket, cooler etc.

5. If you have enough split corrugated hose, cover both lengths of the Earl's nylon braided hose from the 45 degree hose end to the 90 degree hose end. If not the line that runs adjacent to the thermatic fan cowling is a must, as is the point where both lines snake over and down past the mounting bracket.

6. The small blue hose allows for an extension of the fluid line to the headlight washer. Peter can explain that in further detail.

7. Yes, trimming of some plastic cowling and duct work is required, but it's minimal. Once again please speak to Pete regarding the exact details.

Yep,

I was very happy with how the laser cut bracket turned out. It's quite a solid unit and it looks kinda' cool too.

Cheers,

JD.

Last edited by Justin@ADVAN Performance; 05-14-2012 at 05:12 PM.. Reason: Typo
Appreciate 0