07-17-2018, 11:33 PM   #27
xQx
General
Australia
Rep
Drives: 2008 BMW 135i (E88 N54 6AT)

Quote:
Originally Posted by gmx View Post
Save your money. I'm not exactly sure why you'd make it handle with LSD, M3 arms, B8s, camber plates... It's a vert which you pointed out.
E93 M3 >
F83s are probably around 100k now as well.
Yep. Nobody understands why you would bother making a convertible handle... yet one of the most popular amateur racing cars is what? A Mazda MX 5 convertible.

I don't understand why anybody would buy an XR8 ute, let alone modify it to make it go faster. Visibility is piss poor, traction is non-existent and I get you don't need back seats but you can't even recline the front seats. Sure, there's a case for a V8 ute, it's nice to have torque on the farm, but a "sports ute".. WTF?

Yet, if you get on carsales and look for a Supercharged BA, there's not a sedan in sight, they're all bloody utes.

The M3 is a nice car, no doubt it's superior to the E88. But it's a boat. The S65 has a lovely growl, but it just feels lacking. I'm a huge fan of the S63, but BMW don't put them in small, or even medium cars.

Suffice to say, I have a very irregular taste in performance cars.

I'd love to drive a S65/E93 with a Harrop Supercharger attached, but at the end of the day you're driving a full size car. ... also, it'd be a $40k changeover cost for me ... and you get a lot of performance and handling out of an E88 if you spend $20k on mods.

It's the classic 1M vs M3 vs M5 debate... Bigger isn't necessarily better.
Appreciate 0