Major
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i 6MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by nchiarel View Post
So on the Audi forum them are people saying I will have just as many problems with this car, BMW means break my wallet, etc.

I like this car a lot and don't want this to push me away from it, but the bottom line is that I have a job I need to get to every day to make average pay. I will tell you for the sake of helping me make the responsible decision I make around 55k. I am wondering what you guys think about the cost of maintenance/ insurance/ others for my budget.

Keep in mind this car is also more than transportation to me. I love to drive and would spend more than the normal person to love my car but not an insane amount that I can't afford. And I do like to work on my car but not if if NEEDS to be fixed all the time in a draining way to make it not worth the headache of "what will go wrong next".

Please, honest, unbiased opinions only...
I have a 2008 135i that so far has been problem free and I drive it fairly hard. The biggest thing you have to worry about is the High Pressure Fuel Pump or HPFP that every N54 equipped motor has. It does seem though that BMW has finally gotten the fix right as they are now issuing recalls for them, and they extended the warranty on the HPFP to 120,000 miles.

Oh and I'm the original owner
Appreciate 0