11-19-2019, 07:14 PM   #5
Petro135
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i E88

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Started the turbo job. Biggest things that held me up were not having the right tool for the right job. Didnt have a tow hook in my car. Thought I did. Must be my other car I saw it. So had to wait for a tow hook to get delivered. Also fed ex put up my tracking info as a tuesday delivery and after I started doing this job, I checked where my turbos are and they changed delivery until wednesday. So I had to slow down a bit. So I pulled the intake manifold and drilled a 1/4" barbed for the bov line. My directions I received from RB said this is mandatory.
As it sits now got fan out, IC, suspension is down, steering rack down and subframe off. Downpipes out. Tomorrow I have to take water pump, thermo, and all the oil and coolant lines for turbos off, and drop them down and get them cleaned out and ready to fit on new turbos.
Problems I had so far?
1. Ends of steering rack bolts nearly killed me. Had to torch them and heat them up to get em off.
2. I'm too fat, needed to go get larger jackstands to get under car comfortably on a creeper.
All in all it's not so bad just alot of stuff to keep track of where it goes. See if I can get turbos up tomorrow.
First is a pic of my map sensor. O ring is broke. I just changed that couple weeks ago. Hope they are breaking when I pull it out and it wasn't in there like that. I oiled it too. Luckily I have a 3.5 bar coming and an awesome oring collection
Attached Images

Last edited by Petro135; 11-19-2019 at 07:26 PM..
Appreciate 1