Savageenterprise
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 M3 (E93)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by lsturbointeg View Post
so you can't water your lawn everyday. your roots will just be shallow and not reach down deep and when temperatures hit the 90's even with all the water you're putting down your grass is gonna say good night. it has to be infrequent. looks like your lawn said ef it and seems to be going dormant. I see a lot of bare spots. but...it looks like it can be fixed but you'll have to do some homework here. it's going to take some work since it's only been 2 years since getting the house. keep in mind that it's not the grass you have to take care of but it's also the soil too! believe me when I moved into my house the lawn was full of weeds and the grass was literally brown. after much research and watching countless amount of YouTube videos I finally got the jist of things after a couple of years. have you done any type of dethatching and aeration in the Spring? as far as the weeds a pre emergent needs to be put down before things start to germinate like crabgrass. even after that one month later you'll need to put something down to care of the broadleafs (dandelions) that start to emerge. you can't just lay down 1 app of fertilizer and call it the season. it almost takes 3 apps of fertilizer during the season along with supplemental amendments for the soil. and even with all that work there's stuff that happen that's out of anyone's control like fungus, bugs, ect...I would highly get a soil test done to determine what your soil conditions are and start from there. good luck. any questions feel free to ask us!

edit: in the Fall time I would really look into dethatching, aerate and overseed! that'll get you started for next year
Bro I literally thatched and hard raked the lawn, aerated, albeit it was only making tiny holes. I should have probably used a better one but whatever. In the early early spring I laid some lime down and then did the scotts steps. I have done 3 of the 4 steps and the Sumer step is due about now. I’ve also laid down a Scott’s 3 in 1 with some fertilizer and grass seed to help the lawn come up thicker.

I did look up a lot of info but not to to the extent you did lol. Not really sure what to do :

I’ll start changing the water cycle to see if that helps because that’s easy enough to alter. Thanks for the input guys