View Single Post
      05-01-2018, 05:07 PM   #5
mfindigital
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by ShocknAwe View Post
Forget about internals, it doesn't matter for this discussion. Threshold for safe stock N54 engine operation is 600whp. Better to look at a single turbo converted car if looking for 500whp+ as it reduces the torque below 3k rpm.

Lots of factors going into this, I would pass on that car and buy one that fits your base specifications (trans/color/interior spec), then mod and learn along the way rather than try to digest the mountain of N54 tuning/hardware all in one shot. If you buy that car you'll likely find all kinds of things that you don't like and end up changing parts out anyway.

Do it right once.
This all day, plus, anyone selling that type of car is usually doing so for a reason other than being bored of it. Cars become extremely temperamental when you increase whp by 60%, any car. Not trying to be rude at all, but if you unsure of the type of materials used to build an n54 then this likely would be a very poor starting point for you. Cars at that power level will cost you an arm and a leg if you aren't highly knowledgeable with the platform. See every youtube automotive channel than has put a 2j in something (adam lz, tj junt, b is for build, thatdudeinblue), all have had nightmare issues.
BimmerAg425.00