05-09-2019, 04:34 PM   #5
519.E82
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i Sport (Non M)

Quote:
Originally Posted by rowsdower View Post
I didn't mean to insult you with my explanation of what a square setup is. I just saw in another thread where you mentioned doing your first track day recently and figured I would clarify on the off chance you weren't familiar with the term. I'm certainly not the most experienced track driver in the world, but I've done enough to know that square is the right setup on this car. Staggered 19s are not optimal for what you're trying to do but I'd be lying if I said I've never made compromises to save a few bucks. Either way it's your car and your money, so do what you want. The question you asked was "would you run these wheels on track?" and my answer is no.

Square 235s work, square 245s also work if you have enough front camber and the right offset. 245s definitely work in back.
I appreciate the input. If i had more financial resources and went more often, I would dedicate more money and go with apex but it really comes down to I dont. I have bigger obligations to spend money on and save for (currently a house), so i am looking at this as a golden opportunity to save a bit of money, have less worries at the track, and not cook a set of $2k tires much faster in the process.
2008 SGM 128i - 3 Stage IM - 130i Tune - Dinan Camber Plates - BMW PE - Injen Intake - 1M Mirrors - LCI Blacklines - M4 Spoiler - Blacked 263's - Aero Bumper - Aero Side Skirts - OMGSplitter - AFE Intake Scoops
Appreciate 0