View Single Post
      07-11-2011, 09:39 PM   #18
zkeeper
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 M2 & 08 Z4 si

Great review. Thanks, and it confirms my own testing with 3 different BMW's in this family--4 if you count in a sister who can really get her wheels dustintensive.

I note there is always a bit of humpf, humpfing re: Griots, but have been a user of many products over these 40 years, and in last 20 very seriously detailing with more passion and the pursuit of excellence. Was a Megs man for almost all of those years, and only in last 5 went over to G's prods. Almost all of them last longer, and cost no more really than other products for less money per unit but with less volume. [and no, not involved with GG in any way] The Sonax vs. GHDWheelCleaner is one case. BTW--I DO use some specialty products, like Rejex for the Shadowline...virtually no water spotting that lasts.

I have been using the REGULAR wheel cleaner for 3 years--no problem. Just got the new HDuty, and found that it does take off the dust with virtually first heavy spraying, sitting and water jetting---if the product is put on evenly, and completely. And no, it does not take double the Sonax, or any other product. But it was my application that made first spraying removal work. If the product is not even, or your spraying habit as mine was, a bit impatient, then as with most, you will need more removal efforts beyond the product --Sonax, Megs or GG. But the test at our little Bimmer shop have been great--we will continue with it.

Use what works for you...and as we say about helmets on the track, get the best one you can afford. For me now its the products that work best for me, last longest, and I can get at great pricing...bests to all.
Appreciate 0