BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by Red Bread View Post
Just curious, but I've never used anything more than car wash soap, a wheel brush and the occasional shot of tar remover and clay to deal with embedded brake pad material. I use wheel cleaner on my other car after track days, but that's more a factor of higher operating temps and track pads. I do use AA wheel protectant on the 1er, and even with that nasty stuff, I haven't felt the need for a wheel cleaner. Do you guys just like playing with more toys, or do you go seasons between washes?
Honestly, on the 1er wheels I rarely used a wheel cleaner due to the design of the wheel- it was very easy to just wash down with a dedicated mitt. I sealed the wheels once every few months with a normal sealant like Rejex or the like, and that helped.

On my Z3, I have cross spoke wheels and bolts around the face that are very difficult to clean with the mitt. So I use P21s gel and a Swissvax brush to get in all the small spots, and it works well.

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0