View Single Post
      05-06-2005, 04:50 PM   #1
SpaceGhost
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2022 M240i xdrive

Newbie here. Test drove a 330i today

I stopped by my dealer here in Tampa and test drove a 330i. I was actually looking for a 325i since they are priced within my comfort zone but they didn't have any that were PDI'd. They were rolling them off a covered transport while i was there. I drove SG 330i with premium and no sport auto. I was very impressed. Car is smooth and hauls booty when asked. Salesman let me crank it to 110mph briefly on the highway and it felt like we were gliding on a track. SMOOTH! I am just afraid that I won't like the 325 when I drive it after driving the 330.

I plan on a SG 325i sport with Xenons and power seats only. I feel the rest of the premium package in the 325 is kind of a waste. The BMW leatherette is nicer than some auto makers' leather anyway. I can use my own garage door opener too. I would never use BMW Assist. The only other thing I would miss from the premium package would be the auto dimming mirrors.

One question though, can US buyers order their cars with optional wheels? I do not particularly like the sport wheels for the 325. I would love to get the 18s from the 330i sport but I doubt that is possible. Any info on the wheel options would be appreciated. I have had many different types of cars and this will be my first BMW.

Jim
Appreciate 0