View Single Post
      12-05-2012, 07:03 AM   #1
Ammonia
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 440i GC

Talking VSRF DPs Installed!

Got my VSRF downpipes installed yesterday evening with a friend of mine (xShadows on here).

Well it was a pain in the ass lol. We used a pair of ramps, four jack stands, and two jacks to get the car where it needed to be, which in itself took like 45 minutes

The install itself wouldn't have been so bad if we had moved the steering column to begin with. We tried to do it without taking it out and it was a nightmare. In hindsight though, it was worth saving a $300 installation fee doing it ourselves. Anyways, we finally buttoned everything up, and took it out for a drive.

The difference is freaking mind-boggling. The turbos spool instantaneously, the sound is exotic and intoxicating. I was initially worried that the sound would be too much, but it actually ended up being perfect. Throttle response is scary now, and the car feels even more amounts of stupid fast. One of the best performance mods I've done, up there with the JB4!

Price: $320 shipped. Can't beat that price.
Quality: Welds are smooth, everything fit nicely, bolts seemed high quality.
Gains: Butt dyno is reading off the chart! I'll dyno it soon though to see what they actually are.
Score: 10/10

sorry about the lack of install pictures
Appreciate 0