BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

01-19-2011, 07:45 PM   #1
N55_BBM
Major
Rep
Drives: 2011 135i Coupe

What's with this retarded windshield cleaner in this car?

So I find that every time I use my windshield cleaning fluid, it does the job cleaning the windshield to allow me to see but messes up the ENTIRE rest of the car.

First, the areas on the windshield that the blades don't wipe get far dirtier than before.. which I'm actually ok with. However, the freaking fluid sprays all the way over the car and leaves soap spots on my sunroof and rear window. as if it weren't enough, if I use it while cruising, soap that accumulates on the left corner of the windshield (because the wipers push it there) starts creeping down my driver's window all the way to the rear window, leaving a huge trail of dry soap. and lastly, if all of that crap weren't enough, i've gotten soap on my driver side mirror, which makes it harder to see.

i mean, WHAT THE HELL BMW? this never happened in any other cars I've had. i avoid using the damned fluid as much as possible, but in snowstorms or when birds take a huge shit right where you need to look through, it's unavoidable. worst thing is when you've just washed your car and for one reason or another have to use the fluid. it's like you can either drive safely or spare your car from a mess.

aghhh
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 02:09 PM   #2
AntonV
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Sedona/Savanna 135i

learn to become anal & dont use it......its the only way

I never use mine =)

keep a can of Stoners invisible glass & a mf cloth in the trunk. When it needs cleaning, pull into a gas station & clean it.

2005 BMW F650 GS - Mandarin Yellow - Farkled
Appreciate 0
      01-20-2011, 04:53 PM   #3
Greg@DetailedImage
United_States
Rep
Drives: clean and protected

Sorry to hear about that problem, not sure I can help you fix it but maybe we can minimize it. You may want to see if you get any better results while stopped versus while driving. I would also double check the spray nozzles to ensure nothing is obstructing it. Cleaning them with something like the P21S Total Auto Wash ensures it's working as designed (even if it's flawed). I would suggest deep cleaning the glass and then protecting it so moisture rolls off with ease. The Glass Science Rain Clear would be perfect for you. Use the Glass Scrub first to deep clean the glass, secondly use the Rain Clear Gel to protect the glass. This product makes moisture roll off with ease. So hopefully the cleaning product will not leave stains all over. I would also suggest considering a different kind of wiper fluid, maybe the Einszett 1Z Anti-Frost Concentrate Washer Fluid which has been working great for me this weekend. Best of all this is safer than traditional washer fluid so it doesn't stain or otherwise fade the paint, rubber moldings, trim, etc. Hope this helps a bit.
Appreciate 0
      01-22-2011, 03:02 AM   #4
1speedbike
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 2022 X4 M40i, 2008 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by AntonV View Post
learn to become anal & dont use it......its the only way

I never use mine =)

keep a can of Stoners invisible glass & a mf cloth in the trunk. When it needs cleaning, pull into a gas station & clean it.

+1

i try NOT to use mine. i'm a little anal about how clean the rest of the car is (winter drives me crazy with all the salt residue EVERYWHERE) and i literally use at least a bit of quick detailer every other day just to keep things a bit spiffy, so I can't stand the wipers/wiper fluid getting all over the rest of the car. I just always keep a microfiber cloth and either a glass cleaner (even windex works wonders) or just a 99 cent spray bottle with water and a tiny drop of soap in the trunk. it's a hassle, but hey, there's a cost to looking good

Scruffy's gonna die the way he lived... Mmhm.

Appreciate 0