BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-07-2022, 08:45 AM   #1
Flava247
Rep
Drives: 135is

I noticed oil on the right side of the motor (charge pipe side) recently and took the time to wipe it all off with some paper towels to try and see where exactly its coming from. I know i have an oil pan gasket leak, but based on these pictures after a day of driving, it looks like the oil is coming out from this circled seam but to the far left. Full seam pic is after drying off and the closer pics are the far left where its freshly started. Has anyone ever seen this? It definitely looks like its starting on the left side then maybe running down the seam. Is this even fixable? Does it need to be welded? Is there possibly something above it that could be leaking? I know i also apparently have a minor turbo drain tube oil leak from the turbo to the drain pan, could it be from that? Any insight is appreciated!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      09-03-2022, 11:44 PM   #2
Mosset
United_States
Rep
Drives: BWN F30 335i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Flava247 View Post
I noticed oil on the right side of the motor (charge pipe side) recently and took the time to wipe it all off with some paper towels to try and see where exactly its coming from. I know i have an oil pan gasket leak, but based on these pictures after a day of driving, it looks like the oil is coming out from this circled seam but to the far left. Full seam pic is after drying off and the closer pics are the far left where its freshly started. Has anyone ever seen this? It definitely looks like its starting on the left side then maybe running down the seam. Is this even fixable? Does it need to be welded? Is there possibly something above it that could be leaking? I know i also apparently have a minor turbo drain tube oil leak from the turbo to the drain pan, could it be from that? Any insight is appreciated!
Are you still having some leakages??
Appreciate 0
      09-13-2022, 01:31 AM   #3
TheLittleOne
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW M3 BMW 135i

That right there is the bedplate of the motor. The piece basically holds in the crankshaft. It is sealed to the block only after the crankshaft is put into place. That little dowel smack in the middle of your first picture is how the part is sealed from the factory. I know this post has had sometime on the forums did you ever find a solution?