BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-21-2017, 09:43 AM   #1
dbx73
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Can't track down dash rattle

My car started rattling really bad, and I can't track down what's causing it. It sounds like it's coming from the middle of the dash. I already tried the a-pillar fix, didn't do anything. It only does it at idle, and seems to only do it when it's cold out. It's not coming from the HVAC, everything was off in this video. It starts to get real bad around 50 seconds in as the idle settles down. I tried applying pressure to various parts of the dash to see if I can track down where it might be coming from, but it doesn't stop no matter where I push. It's a non-iDrive car, if that matters. I've tried opening up the glovebox and poking around that area, with no luck.

Anyone have any ideas? It's getting pretty annoying

Appreciate 0
      03-17-2017, 04:50 PM   #2
MAMSport
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: '13 128i M-Sport coupe

Video doesn't really help me, but is there a possibility that the noise if from something loose on the engine side of the firewall and being transmitted to sound like it is in the dash?
Appreciate 0