BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-01-2009, 10:15 PM   #1
vogelfanger
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 08 M Roadster

Unhappy Radio randomly turning on?

I never listen to the radio so I usually listen to MP3s that I have loaded into the iDrive system. A few times, the system would suddenly switch over to the radio and turn the volume up a few clicks. It just happened again today and the sudden loud music (I had been listening to a Mozart piano sonata prior to the interruption) from the radio startled me so much that I almost hit a parked car. It was really strange because my right hand was changing gears and wasn't anywhere near the steering wheel audio buttons at that time. Barring a software glitch, I can't imagine why the system would have switched over to radio. Has anyone else experienced this? It doesn't happen all the time - it's only done this maybe three or four times since I got the car in July but it's really annoying and potentially dangerous.

I have an 09 iDrive and premium sound if that matters at all.
Appreciate 0
      11-02-2009, 09:27 AM   #2
sub7
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3 & 135i

Thats weird. I've never had a problem like this. Call your SA up. Tell them the problem. I'm pretty sure they won't do anything about it though.
Appreciate 0
      05-30-2024, 03:14 AM   #3
bwad2002
Registered
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 1 Series 116D ED PLUS

Good Morning,

I'm from the UK and recently bought a 2017 1 series, and I am having the same issue, did you ever solve it? And if so, how?
Appreciate 0