BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

12-27-2016, 12:09 PM   #1
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep
Drives: M3

APEX 1 & 2 Series Wheel Group Buy

Update: We have successfully unlocked the deepest discount tier of $250 off + Free Shipping*. This discount is now guaranteed, so any enthusiasts that join the deal between now and Wednesday February 15th can rest assure they are getting the best possible pricing on 1 & 2 series wheels that we will see all year!

We hosted a 1 & 2 Series fitment Group Buy last year that became popular. Since then we’ve revised our ARC-8 fitment to be even better and match the ideal 58mm offset of our EC-7 wheels. This year we also have the opportunity to offer even deeper discounts by syncing-up this deal with our production run for these new sizes.

We’re able to offer you extra discounts when you pre-order the wheels coming out of our current round of production. The wait time for delivery will be faster than almost any custom wheel, with about a 6 week lead time or less. Take advantage of this deal to save the most we’ve ever offered on these specialty fitments.

NOTE: This is a deposit-type Group Buy. The Feeler List is free to join and during the Payment Phase, we only require a $250 deposit. Full payment isn't required until just before we ship your wheels.

Which wheels and colors are included in this Group Buy?

ARC-8
  • 18x8.5” ET45 - Hyper Silver, Anthracite, Hyper Black & Satin Black
  • 18x9.5” ET58 - Hyper Silver, Anthracite, Hyper Black & Satin Black
EC-7
  • 18x8.5” ET45 - Race Silver, Anthracite & Satin Black
  • 18x9.5” ET58 - Race Silver, Anthracite & Satin Black

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?

All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels. The quality of information is worth your time!

What’s different about our Group Buy?

Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GroupBuyParts.com where you can pay, follow, and even discuss the deal’s status.

How do I participate?

Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GroupBuyParts.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

What if I have some questions?

No problem! We're new here and so you will probably have questions... Just contact us at expert@apexraceparts.com or by direct message and we will get an answer for you about our products or how to joining the Group Buy.
Want to see how they look?

Last edited by ApexWheels; 02-11-2017 at 12:43 PM..
Appreciate 2
Dthltm77.00
Fakemike369.50
      12-28-2016, 09:20 AM   #2
hunginator
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i E82 DCT

Everyone get in on this great groupbuy!!!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 01:21 AM   #3
sparkyblue
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: E82 135i & F80 M3

Garage List
2008 BMW 135i  [0.00]
In for the group buy!!
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 03:01 AM   #4
pepper135I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: N54 6mt

Quote:
Originally Posted by ApexRaceParts View Post

APEX 1 & 2 Series Wheel Group Buy

We hosted a 1 & 2 Series fitment Group Buy last year that became popular. Since then we’ve revised our ARC-8 fitment to be even better and match the ideal 58mm offset of our EC-7 wheels. This year we also have the opportunity to offer even deeper discounts by syncing-up this deal with our production run for these new sizes.

We’re able to offer you extra discounts when you pre-order the wheels coming out of our current round of production. The wait time for delivery will be faster than almost any custom wheel, with about a 6 week lead time or less. Take advantage of this deal to save the most we’ve ever offered on these specialty fitments.

NOTE: This is a deposit-type Group Buy. The Feeler List is free to join and during the Payment Phase, we only require a $250 deposit. Full payment isn't required until just before we ship your wheels.

Which wheels and colors are included in this Group Buy?

ARC-8
  • 18x8.5” ET45 - Anthracite & Hyper Silver (Satin Black & Hyper Black not available)
  • 18x9.5” ET58 - Anthracite & Hyper Silver (Satin Black & Hyper Black not available)
EC-7
  • 18x8.5” ET45 - Anthracite & Hyper Silver (Satin Black & Hyper Black not available)
  • 18x9.5” ET58 - Anthracite & Hyper Silver (Satin Black & Hyper Black not available)

I want to know more about APEX wheels. Where can I learn more about them?

All APEX wheels are highly regarded and fully verified with official JWL and VIA certifications for every single size and offset. We created these wheels to inspire confidence during track days, race events, and everyday driving. Click here to learn everything about APEX wheels. The quality of information is worth your time!

What’s different about our Group Buy?

Joining Group Buy deals via forums is traditionally a manual process. Since our deals have grown so large over time, we are working with a new tool to organize these deals in a single, well organized location. This deal is entirely managed on GroupBuyParts.com where you can pay, follow, and even discuss the deal’s status.

How do I participate?

Visit the official Deal Dashboard on GroupBuyParts.com. From there, you can show your interest by joining our feeler list. You’ll receive an email reminder when the deal officially opens. When the deal is live and accepting payments, you can complete checkout and pay for your order from the same page. All product details, member participants, and discussions can be found on that Dashboard.

What if I have some questions?

No problem! We're new here and so you will probably have questions... Just contact us at expert@apexraceparts.com or by direct message and we will get an answer for you about our products or how to joining the Group Buy.
Want to see how they look?

Did you guys just add the "no satin black part" ? Didn't notice that yesterday. Under the actual group buy it says satin black is an option. Any reason why satin black is being excluded ?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 06:52 AM   #5
Fakemike
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i N54 MT

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
You're killing me Apex! Yesterday I looked at the group buy (linked from another thread) and got very excited that I could get ARC-8 wheels in Hyper Black for my 1 series.

And it bothers me that you are doing "special finishes" and we can't even get all the regular colors for 1 series offsets.
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 12:16 PM   #6
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pepper135I View Post
Did you guys just add the "no satin black part" ? Didn't notice that yesterday. Under the actual group buy it says satin black is an option. Any reason why satin black is being excluded ?
Quote:
Originally Posted by Fakemike View Post
You're killing me Apex! Yesterday I looked at the group buy (linked from another thread) and got very excited that I could get ARC-8 wheels in Hyper Black for my 1 series.

And it bothers me that you are doing "special finishes" and we can't even get all the regular colors for 1 series offsets.
Please excuse this error. We will be offering all standard finish options to the community. The original post has been updated

Keep in mind, we will only move forward with the design(s) and finish(es) that have enough demand to warrant production. The last 1 series Group Buy had enough buyers to produce two finish options. The communities feedback and participation is extremely important to the success of this Group Buy!

- Ryan
      12-29-2016, 02:55 PM   #7
pepper135I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Please excuse this error. We will be offering all standard finish options to the community. The original post has been updated

Keep in mind, we will only move forward with the design(s) and finish(es) that have enough demand to warrant production. The last 1 series Group Buy had enough buyers to produce two finish options. The communities feedback and participation is extremely important to the success of this Group Buy!

- Ryan
Thanks for clearing that up Ryan !
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 07:45 PM   #8
thetuna
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 6MT

I'm definitely interested.
Does anyone know the practical differences between the arc 8 and ec 7?
What is the ideal tire size for these wheels, and do they fit without rubbing, rolling, etc?
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 08:13 PM   #9
pepper135I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetuna View Post
I'm definitely interested.
Does anyone know the practical differences between the arc 8 and ec 7?
What is the ideal tire size for these wheels, and do they fit without rubbing, rolling, etc?
All that info is under group buy description . Weights sizes and even pics on the car with what suspension and tires .
Appreciate 0
      12-29-2016, 10:59 PM   #10
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW X3 35i Msport + S2000

I have an interesting question directed towards the OP.

I recently purchased a set of (4) Apex EC-7 18x8.5 ET45 from a forum member in Anthracite. I am interested in (2) 18x9.5 ET58 in Anthracite to replace the 2 on the rear now. Could I work out a deal with another member, or get a quote for 2 rear wheels in the specs I mentioned? Thanks!

- Chris
      12-30-2016, 12:08 PM   #11
thetuna
Private
Rep
Drives: 2010 135i 6MT

Quote:
All that info is under group buy description . Weights sizes and even pics on the car with what suspension and tires .
Actually, that information is not in the description.
There are no mentions of practical differences between the two, is it solely weight and style?
And all a picture says is that the wheel physically fits inside the well.
What tire sizes are recommended for the wheels?
Do these fit without rubbing through tight corners and bumps?
Appreciate 0
      12-30-2016, 07:58 PM   #12
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

You can use the OEM 135i tire sizes. There will not be any rubbing issues at all.

I have the EC-7's and love them!

12-30-2016, 09:39 PM   #13
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

I appreciate the interest guys. Here are a few fitment options for the 1 series. The first staggered fitment listed is by far the most popular to date.

Staggered Option 1:
Front: 18x8.5" ET45 - 235/40-18
Rear: 18x9.5" ET58 - 265/35-18

Staggered Option 2:

Front: 18x8.5" ET45 - 225/40-18
Rear: 18x9.5" ET58 - 255/35-18

Square Option 1:
Front & Rear: 18x8.5" ET45 - 235/40-18

Square Option 2:

Front & Rear: 18x8.5" ET45 - 245/35-18 * requires 5mm spacers up front to clear you stock suspension, as well as around -1.5 degrees or more of negative camber to clear the front fenders.

There are a few more iterations available in terms of tire fitment, so please let us know if you have any questions in regards to fitment. Below I have added some images of customer cars with APEX wheels installed for inspiration

Quote:
Originally Posted by thetuna View Post
Actually, that information is not in the description.
There are no mentions of practical differences between the two, is it solely weight and style?
And all a picture says is that the wheel physically fits inside the well.
What tire sizes are recommended for the wheels?
Do these fit without rubbing through tight corners and bumps?
Take a look at our ARC-8 18x8.5" ET45 product page, as well as our EC-7 18x8.5" ET45 product page for more details on each wheel Both wheels are constructed in the same fashion using flow forming technology. With that said, there are some differences in terms of weight, brake clearance, aesthetics, spoke and center construction.

- Ryan

Last edited by ApexWheels; 12-30-2016 at 09:57 PM..
Appreciate 0
      01-02-2017, 08:30 AM   #14
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sport w/ DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
When do we get the update re: which model & finish made the cut so to speak?
      01-03-2017, 12:25 AM   #15
pepper135I
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Gangplank View Post
+1, curious..
Appreciate 0
      01-03-2017, 02:06 PM   #16
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
+1, curious..
Appreciate your interest! The Group Buy currently offers both ARC-8 and EC-7 designs, in all applicable finish options. Upon sign-up, the site will ask you to rank you first and second wheel preference, followed by first, second and third finish preference.

Once the Group Buy has come to a close, our team will assess the demand for each SKU, and will reach out to the community in regards to which we may move forward with.

- Ryan
      01-03-2017, 08:42 PM   #17
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

So can still be eligible if I only want two?
      01-04-2017, 05:28 PM   #18
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by EndOfAnEra View Post
So can still be eligible if I only want two?
Thank you for your interest! This Group Buy does require the purchase of 4 or more wheels.

- Ryan
      01-04-2017, 07:13 PM   #19
EndOfAnEra
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

That seems like a good idea
      01-04-2017, 09:19 PM   #20
Gangplank
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 e82 135i n55 Sport w/ DCT

Garage List
2011 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
+1, curious..
Appreciate your interest! The Group Buy currently offers both ARC-8 and EC-7 designs, in all applicable finish options. Upon sign-up, the site will ask you to rank you first and second wheel preference, followed by first, second and third finish preference.

Once the Group Buy has come to a close, our team will assess the demand for each SKU, and will reach out to the community in regards to which we may move forward with.

- Ryan
Apex should offer the EC7 in hyper black. Just sayn.
      01-04-2017, 09:46 PM   #21
hunginator
Lieutenant
Canada
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i E82 DCT

Anyone have good pics of the hyper black ARC8 on a alpine white 1 series?
Appreciate 0
      01-05-2017, 01:51 PM   #22
ApexWheels
Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Apex should offer the EC7 in hyper black. Just sayn.
Appreciate the feedback. I too love the Hyper Black finish. This finish utilizes a multi-stage paint process that is very difficult to control, and keeping the finish consistent from batch to batch has proven to be very difficult. Since the finish is beloved by many, we do not want to pull it from the existing ARC-8 lineup, however all wheel designs that were produced thereafter were not given the option.

I would love to offer the EC-7, or the two new designs in Hyper Black, but keeping quality and consistency top of mind for our customers must take precedence. If there is a way to refine the process, we will certainly pursue it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by hunginator View Post
Anyone have good pics of the hyper black ARC8 on a alpine white 1 series?
Here you are

- Ryan