BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read

02-28-2014, 08:45 AM   #1
cmcgonag
Private
Rep
Drives: 2019 Cayenne Turbo - 2011 1M

Clutch Chatter when in Neutral and Clutch Pedal not Depressed)

Guys,

Just starting hearing a minor low tone vibration when in neutral without the clutch depressed. With the clutch depressed it goes away. When the clutch is engaged It isnt there or I can't hear it.

Dont know if others have had this issue. Searching other N54 threads it seems to be either the wastegate or dual mass flywheel. Neither have caused problems for other owners. Just annoying when I want to have a "silent" (minus exhaust noise) interior.

Have any of you guys experienced this?
Appreciate 0
      02-28-2014, 08:51 AM   #2
MDORPHN
Colonel
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by cmcgonag View Post
Guys,

Just starting hearing a minor low tone vibration when in neutral without the clutch depressed. With the clutch depressed it goes away. When the clutch is engaged It isnt there or I can't hear it.

Dont know if others have had this issue. Searching other N54 threads it seems to be either the wastegate or dual mass flywheel. Neither have caused problems for other owners. Just annoying when I want to have a "silent" (minus exhaust noise) interior.

Have any of you guys experienced this?
Tranny rattle. Nothing worrisome, but you can switch to different tranny fluid if it bothers you.

Neil
Appreciate 0