BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Search Today's Posts Mark Forums Read




 

Post Reply
 
Thread Tools Search this Thread
      12-19-2017, 06:02 AM   #1
Jack26.2
Registered
7
Rep
3
Posts

Drives: 2011 BMW 1 Series M
Join Date: Nov 2014
Location: California

iTrader: (0)

VO 1M in Irvine, California

Hi Everyone,

I saw this VO 1M in Irvine, California the other night and thought I share.

Certainly looks nice in my opinion.

Also, below is my AW 1M.

Thanks.

Jack26.2
Attached Images
  
Appreciate 1
BAN_M21682.00

      12-19-2017, 09:26 AM   #2
SLC801
Private First Class
25
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Salt Lake City

iTrader: (0)

Classy parking job....
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2017, 01:54 PM   #3
champignon
Disrupter
champignon's Avatar
United_States
1051
Rep
2,110
Posts

Drives: 1M-VO;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, MG M2
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC801 View Post
Classy parking job....
does minimize the risk of door dings, however parking in a handicapped zone with no permit (if applicable) exposes one to tow truck risks
__________________
Disappointing People for Two Centuries; MT Rules
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 12:56 AM   #4
1'M Blue
Captain
Oman
130
Rep
946
Posts

Drives: 1M
Join Date: Nov 2011
Location: OM

iTrader: (0)

Valencia still looks "only good" on the 1M.
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 01:24 AM   #5
champignon
Disrupter
champignon's Avatar
United_States
1051
Rep
2,110
Posts

Drives: 1M-VO;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, MG M2
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1'M Blue View Post
Valencia still looks "only good" on the 1M.
You need to wear the right driving shoes

__________________
Disappointing People for Two Centuries; MT Rules
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 01:32 AM   #6
Ginger_Extract
California-bound
Ginger_Extract's Avatar
United_States
277
Rep
1,377
Posts

Drives: BMW 135i
Join Date: Jan 2013
Location: Los Angeles, CA

iTrader: (3)

Pretty sure I know whose car that is, she isn't on the forums, however. Young woman at UCI.
__________________
Streets of Willow: 1:27.7 CW 11/15/15; 1:29.5 CCW 8/15/15 |||| Autoclub Speedway ROVAL (CCW): 1.52.6 - 12/2/17
Willow Springs - Big Willow (CW): 1:35.8 - 3/31/18 |||| Buttonwillow #13 (CW): 1:59.3 1/27/18
https://www.facebook.com/JakeStumphRacing |||| http://www.youtube.com/user/RaceMeMZ3
Appreciate 0
      12-20-2017, 10:13 AM   #7
MrRoboto
Brigadier General
Canada
740
Rep
3,574
Posts

Drives: VO 1M
Join Date: Aug 2007
Location: Canada

iTrader: (0)

I hope this person is handicapped.
Appreciate 0
      12-22-2017, 02:37 AM   #8
JP-1M
Private First Class
JP-1M's Avatar
Japan
88
Rep
123
Posts

Drives: Alpine White 1M
Join Date: Jan 2017
Location: Japan

iTrader: (0)

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
I hope this person is handicapped.
Wow. That statement in isolation can really be taken wrongly...

I myself think I know what you mean. Just saying...
Appreciate 0
      12-26-2017, 09:16 PM   #9
M3 Adjuster
Lieutenant General
M3 Adjuster's Avatar
United_States
6417
Rep
10,705
Posts

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by SLC801 View Post
Classy parking job....
Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
does minimize the risk of door dings, however parking in a handicapped zone with no permit (if applicable) exposes one to tow truck risks
well there is room for a wheelchair to use for an approach or exit on the left..

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ginger_Extract View Post
Pretty sure I know whose car that is, she isn't on the forums, however. Young woman at UCI.


Quote:
Originally Posted by MrRoboto View Post
I hope this person is handicapped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by JP-1M View Post
Wow. That statement in isolation can really be taken wrongly...

I myself think I know what you mean. Just saying...
yeah... looks like a hang tag is clearly in the white vehicle adjacent.

While I have a friend that drives an E46 M3 with hand controls, Somehow I doubt the 1M owner, especially if a student , really has an issue.
__________________
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter Ex-president (retired 2017) , Chief Driving Instructor - LIFETIME Member # 119366
If you don't STAND for something.. you'll FALL for anything
Past: 1991 BMW E30 M3 street car ; 1988 BMW E30 M3 track car
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2018, 01:19 PM   #10
alexc93
Colonel
United_States
254
Rep
2,372
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK - FL

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by M3 Adjuster View Post
well there is room for a wheelchair to use for an approach or exit on the left..









yeah... looks like a hang tag is clearly in the white vehicle adjacent.

While I have a friend that drives an E46 M3 with hand controls, Somehow I doubt the 1M owner, especially if a student , really has an issue.
You never know what health issues some may have to classify for the need to park in handicapped locations...

Walking disabilities are not the only reasons. For example severe breathing issues, bladder issues from diabetes etc. are just some reasons that people I know have disabled parking passes for. Not visible to the regular person, but certainly justify the need to park closer.
__________________
2014 M235i || 8ZF || Black Sapphire Metallic || Black Dakota Leather
|| 30% Llumar CTX || IND Front Reflectors || BMW Performance Grilles || Light Weight Front Lip || JB4 || MPI Downpipe || ER Charge Pipe ||
Appreciate 1
      01-28-2018, 11:26 PM   #11
champignon
Disrupter
champignon's Avatar
United_States
1051
Rep
2,110
Posts

Drives: 1M-VO;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, MG M2
Join Date: Jun 2015
Location: Idaho

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc93 View Post
You never know what health issues some may have to classify for the need to park in handicapped locations...

Walking disabilities are not the only reasons. For example severe breathing issues, bladder issues from diabetes etc. are just some reasons that people I know have disabled parking passes for. Not visible to the regular person, but certainly justify the need to park closer.
I think this calls for a poll. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to start a poll in the middle of a thread! So, we will have to tabulate this poll manually.

We are speculating on the reason why this particular 1M owner, reputedly a young female (but we cannot be sure) needed to park in a "handicapped" parking space. Please respond with one of the numbers below to indicate your choice:

(1) Severe Breathing Issues;
(2) Bladder Issues from Diabetes;
(3) Bladder Issues from some cause other than Diabetes;
(4) Mobility Issues (aka "doesn't move well");
(5) Difficulty controlling bowel function;
(6) Bunions resistant to Dr. Scholls treatment;
(6) Cuteness, e.g. she is cute and doesn't want to be harassed (please specify your alleged sexual predator);
(7) Other (please specify)

We will tabulate the results once we have enough responses to meet statistical significance. Thanks so much for your responses!
__________________
Disappointing People for Two Centuries; MT Rules

Last edited by champignon; 01-28-2018 at 11:32 PM.
Appreciate 2
alexc93253.50

      01-29-2018, 10:17 AM   #12
alexc93
Colonel
United_States
254
Rep
2,372
Posts

Drives: M235i
Join Date: Nov 2009
Location: UK - FL

iTrader: (7)

Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
I think this calls for a poll. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to start a poll in the middle of a thread! So, we will have to tabulate this poll manually.

We are speculating on the reason why this particular 1M owner, reputedly a young female (but we cannot be sure) needed to park in a "handicapped" parking space. Please respond with one of the numbers below to indicate your choice:

(1) Severe Breathing Issues;
(2) Bladder Issues from Diabetes;
(3) Bladder Issues from some cause other than Diabetes;
(4) Mobility Issues (aka "doesn't move well");
(5) Difficulty controlling bowel function;
(6) Bunions resistant to Dr. Scholls treatment;
(6) Cuteness, e.g. she is cute and doesn't want to be harassed (please specify your alleged sexual predator);
(7) Other (please specify)

We will tabulate the results once we have enough responses to meet statistical significance. Thanks so much for your responses!

LOLOL i'm going with 6, since she is in California and it seems a lot of those Hollywood predators are coming to light ha...
__________________
2014 M235i || 8ZF || Black Sapphire Metallic || Black Dakota Leather
|| 30% Llumar CTX || IND Front Reflectors || BMW Performance Grilles || Light Weight Front Lip || JB4 || MPI Downpipe || ER Charge Pipe ||
Appreciate 1
      01-29-2018, 10:57 AM   #13
M3 Adjuster
Lieutenant General
M3 Adjuster's Avatar
United_States
6417
Rep
10,705
Posts

Drives: 1M, X1 M Sport, E46 325ic
Join Date: Mar 2008
Location: Dallas, Tx

iTrader: (0)

Quote:
Originally Posted by alexc93 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by champignon View Post
I think this calls for a poll. Unfortunately, there doesn't seem to be a way to start a poll in the middle of a thread! So, we will have to tabulate this poll manually.

We are speculating on the reason why this particular 1M owner, reputedly a young female (but we cannot be sure) needed to park in a "handicapped" parking space. Please respond with one of the numbers below to indicate your choice:

(1) Severe Breathing Issues;
(2) Bladder Issues from Diabetes;
(3) Bladder Issues from some cause other than Diabetes;
(4) Mobility Issues (aka "doesn't move well");
(5) Difficulty controlling bowel function;
(6) Bunions resistant to Dr. Scholls treatment;
(6) Cuteness, e.g. she is cute and doesn't want to be harassed (please specify your alleged sexual predator);
(7) Other (please specify)

We will tabulate the results once we have enough responses to meet statistical significance. Thanks so much for your responses!

LOLOL i'm going with 6, since she is in California and it seems a lot of those Hollywood predators are coming to light ha...

Hilarious poll, and of the available options, if questioned, I bet the owner of the car would come up with #6 as well. It's clearly dark outside !

Or.. she would say what my daughter would say ... DAD.. it's such a long walk from the other spaces. And I can't be bothered with walking across campus... I would use uber/lyft but you don't give me enough money !

PS. For the record , MY daughter has never driven my 1M.
__________________
Lone Star BMW CCA Chapter Ex-president (retired 2017) , Chief Driving Instructor - LIFETIME Member # 119366
If you don't STAND for something.. you'll FALL for anything
Past: 1991 BMW E30 M3 street car ; 1988 BMW E30 M3 track car
Appreciate 0
      01-29-2018, 05:43 PM   #14
SLC801
Private First Class
25
Rep
127
Posts

Drives: AW 1M
Join Date: Sep 2016
Location: Salt Lake City

iTrader: (0)

Haha this is turning into one of the better threads on this site....
Appreciate 0
Post Reply

Bookmarks

Thread Tools Search this Thread
Search this Thread:

Advanced Search

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off


All times are GMT -4. The time now is 03:37 PM.




1addicts
Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.7.0
Copyright ©2000 - 2018, Jelsoft Enterprises Ltd.
1Addicts.com, BIMMERPOST.com, E90Post.com, F30Post.com, M3Post.com, ZPost.com, 5Post.com, 6Post.com, 7Post.com, XBimmers.com logo and trademark are properties of BIMMERPOST