BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-08-2008, 05:34 PM   #23
sethchan
Lieutenant
Sweden
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

In Sweden, the storage compartment on the dash is part of a "storage package" that includes a couple of other things. It's optional.
Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 05:52 PM   #24
atr_hugo
No longer moderate
No_Country
Rep
Drives: '13 135i

Here's what the dash looks like w/o the storage bin. (128i cab)
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      02-08-2008, 09:45 PM   #25
JackMac
Recovering BMW Addict
Scotland
Rep
Drives: <OO (|||)(|||) OO>

Garage List
The classic story of the navs and the nav nots.
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 01:28 AM   #26
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by larryn View Post
I'm betting he lives with his mother. (Ma) :wink:

Btw, I have never seen any production 1er coupe that has the dash storage. That seems to be limited to the hatchbacks.
The dash storage is standard in SA unfortunately
"But don't be surprised if you completely forget about your passengers when driving this car. You will be mesmerised by the feel of the fat, well-weighted steering wheel in your hands, the sound from the specially tuned exhaust, and the in-gear acceleration that will have you grinning like a loon...." TopCar magazine (SA)
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 01:49 AM   #27
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by jonack View Post
Well put...

I need feedback from all of you who are experienced with Nav / I-drive...ASAP...Because I still have time to dump it!

Is it worthy? Or, just an expensive waste....
It's all a matter of personal opinion. To me it is as waste, but others will say it is a must have, so the only one that can answer the question is you. It all depends on what you want in a car. Lots of people here want a bare assed 1 to keep it as light as possible whilst others have specced it to the max and added almost every little extra gadget.
"But don't be surprised if you completely forget about your passengers when driving this car. You will be mesmerised by the feel of the fat, well-weighted steering wheel in your hands, the sound from the specially tuned exhaust, and the in-gear acceleration that will have you grinning like a loon...." TopCar magazine (SA)
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 02:10 AM   #28
rdkind62
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 335is

I personally am going to add nav. but not because I need it that often but more for the fact that I think a nice car, which this certainly is, should have a certain level of creature comforts and options and if I sell the vehicle in the future it will be an added bonus. Of course I am not saying that 2K now will get me 2K later in resale.
      02-09-2008, 02:34 AM   #29
ichiban
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

I think for the money you pay, the i-drive/navi is not worth it at all.
This is what i'd rather do in that department, and wit hthe money saved u can get an procede!
http://www.e90post.com/forums/showth...highlight=asus
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 03:46 AM   #30
BMWfan
South Africa
Rep
Drives: 125i Coupe (M Sport)

The whole iDrive system isn't worth the cost...unless you're ordering the USB interface and bluetooth options to go along with it. This means you'll actually be using ALL of the iDrive features available to you and if you're into all the gadgets and toys like me, it justifies the extra $$$. If I only wanted Nav, then I'd get a small discreet portable Nav.

That Asus thing just looks fugly. It belongs on a pimped out Honda Civic...not on a BMW (IMHO). :iono:
Appreciate 0
      02-09-2008, 04:37 AM   #31
SA135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMWfan View Post
The whole iDrive system isn't worth the cost...unless you're ordering the USB interface and bluetooth options to go along with it. This means you'll actually be using ALL of the iDrive features available to you and if you're into all the gadgets and toys like me, it justifies the extra $$$. If I only wanted Nav, then I'd get a small discreet portable Nav.

That Asus thing just looks fugly. It belongs on a pimped out Honda Civic...not on a BMW (IMHO). :iono:
+ 1000000 that contraption is .

If it came down to a choice between i-drive and that, give me i-drive anyday. Completely OTT.
Appreciate 0