BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-09-2008, 11:33 PM   #1
willaw
Brazil
Rep
Drives: M5

Question Business Navigation System - Changing Maps

Hi all!

Here in Brazil the BMW do not sells the DVD maps (but sells the iDrive with navigation system...).

Because this, every time I start the car, the navigation disc is required. I cannot turn it off.

My model comes with the Business system (I identified it using the documents on the Internet).

Looking in the internet I found several DVD's for the BMW Navigation Systems : BMW High, Professional and Business.

I downloaded every one that I found on the internet. The only one that works is a Business Navigation DVD.

When inserted in the car it works fine! Well... It has the European map. But the screen do not more ask me for a Navigation DVD and the general options of the GPS system is working (vehicle position, for example).

Now I want to go a step forward : change the maps.

All the tutorials in the internet talks about the Professional, the High or a Business system - but in all tutorials that I find, the DVD structure is not the same.

This is the structure :

DATABASE.BD
kNT064EU16x01-F.DB
HBINFO_MAP.TXT
INFO_MAP.TXT
KN064eu16x02-G.DB2_GDB
KN064eu16x02-G.DB2_INF
KN064eu16x02-G.DB2_LIT
KN064eu16x02-G.DB2_SDS
KN064eu16x02-G.DB2_SP5
KN064eu16x02-G.DB2_XAC

The first one (DATABASE.BD) is a pdf file - all you need to do is rename it (I attached it).

Anyone knows this structure ? How change (it appears to be compiled to me) ?

Thanks for any help.:thumbup:
Attached Images
File Type: pdf DATABASE.pdf (96.4 KB, 947 views)
Appreciate 0
      02-10-2008, 09:16 AM   #2
larryn
Lieutenant General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '97 332ti, '21 X5 45e, '16 GT4

Why would BMW sell nav (or you buy nav) if there's no maps for it?

Have you tried to see if Navteq will make a version for you? They did announce that they were making Brazil maps a while ago.

Over on e90post, I remember somebody who was able to insert waypoints, and figured out the structure of the DVD. You might want to check there.
Appreciate 0