BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-06-2008, 09:15 PM   #1
VF23135
Registered
Rep
Drives:

135i SGM/black leather/manual for sale

BIMMERPOST / Classifieds
Asking Price:
None

Item Interest
As the thread title states - our 135i is for sale. It has about 87 miles on it (10 from delivery). We might move to the 135 convertible in space gray (I don't like the gray headliner and a pillar trim - the convertible has black). I don't want to trade it in - and VA doesn't have a tax credit for trade-in value. Hopefully, they will come out with a true LSD soon. You can see our TT 3.2Q in the reflection - sticking with it for now. I know that it is blasphemy on 1Addicts - but it makes sense for us right now. The trim is gray poplar - the flash brings out the details in the picture. I have clayed and put Rejex polish/protectant on the paint. It is cleaner than the day it was delivered. No excuses on this car. The last 3 of the VIN are 135. SGM might not be available in 2009. So the car is going to be very rare. Front plate is not installed - and it does not have the "extra" NAV cup holder.

Base MSRP $34,900
Sparkling Graphite Metallic $550
Black Boston Leather $0
Gray Poplar wood trim $0
Premium Package $3,400
Sport Package $1,100
Comfort Access system $500
Heated front seats $500
Premium hi-fi system $875
All Weather Rubber Floor Mats $83
18" wheels w/performance tires (style 264) $0
Destination & Handling: $825
Total MSRP as Built $42,733

Clear title in hand - $42,000.

Attached Images

Premium Package
Sport Package
Comfort Access system
Heated front seats
Premium hi-fi system
All Weather Rubber Floor Mats
18" wheels w/performance tires (style 264)
Appreciate 0
      07-07-2008, 09:23 PM   #2
VF23135
Registered
Rep
Drives:

A few questions -

These questions have been asked -

1) Have the break-in rules been followed? Yes, I have not had the RPM's above 4K - nor has it been driven over 70-ish MPH. No hard acceleration, shifting or braking either.
2) What is the tax law for selling a car in VA? Both in-state and out of state? I do not have to charge sales tax to an individual buying a car - you will have to pay sales tax to register the vehicle in accordance with the laws governing your state.
3) Where in Virginia? Virginia Beach
4) Can I "kick the tires"? It is a new car - it will drive like a new 135i. Your local dealership may have a demo car available for a test drive. I will accompany a serious buyer on a test drive - with indication of available funds and insurance in good standing.
4) Does the warranty transfer? The new car warranty and maintenance plan will transfer automatically - it is tied to the VIN - not the owner.
5) Is there a USB port? There is not a USB port installed - but there is an auxiliary port. An iPod adapter is possible to install later.
Premium Package
Sport Package
Comfort Access system
Heated front seats
Premium hi-fi system
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 05:02 PM   #3
1BrakeLate
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Are you some sort of used car dealer who got this car 15% off MSFRP from some poor soul who had some issues and now trying to sell it at whole price and make nice quick profit. It smells like that.

:iono:

Otherwise it is a used car – if you buy it and changed you mind, you should suffer and loose at least 10% .
Appreciate 0
      07-09-2008, 06:53 PM   #4
buckwheat986
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by 1BrakeLate View Post
Are you some sort of used car dealer who got this car 15% off MSFRP from some poor soul who had some issues and now trying to sell it at whole price and make nice quick profit. It smells like that.

:iono:

Otherwise it is a used car – if you buy it and changed you mind, you should suffer and loose at least 10% .
you are so right...anyone who buys this is the second owner and its a used car...regardless of milage...

you can get more off MSRP by going to dealer...

the OP...your price should be a little more realistic....IMHO
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 06:50 AM   #5
VF23135
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Yes - it is a used car. At the same time it is a 87 mile, discontinued color for the 09MY, Year One of the 1 with a unique VIN. That will have value to someone. Some on the forum have already speculated that the change to Space Gray will increase the value of the Sparkling Graphite cars - that may or may not be true, but the market and individual buyers will decide.

I ordered the car a while ago as a gift for my wife - didn't want to back out of the sale. As a salesman - I know what it is like to loose a deal at the last minute. I am not a used car dealer - although I have had more than 20 cars in just over 20 years. Some for months - others for years. If we don't sell it, we may drive it.

I don't wish suffering on anyone. If someone can get a better price than MSRP or my price - that is a good thing.
Premium Package
Sport Package
Comfort Access system
Heated front seats
Premium hi-fi system
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 07:28 AM   #6
buckwheat986
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by VF23135 View Post
Yes - it is a used car. At the same time it is a 87 mile, discontinued color for the 09MY, Year One of the 1 with a unique VIN. That will have value to someone. Some on the forum have already speculated that the change to Space Gray will increase the value of the Sparkling Graphite cars - that may or may not be true, but the market and individual buyers will decide.

I ordered the car a while ago as a gift for my wife - didn't want to back out of the sale. As a salesman - I know what it is like to loose a deal at the last minute. I am not a used car dealer - although I have had more than 20 cars in just over 20 years. Some for months - others for years. If we don't sell it, we may drive it.

I don't wish suffering on anyone. If someone can get a better price than MSRP or my price - that is a good thing.

you have an excellent attitude...

I'm sure you have but just a reminder to place an ad on autotrader, craigs, etc....

best of luck with the sale....
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 08:28 PM   #7
VF23135
Registered
Rep
Drives:

Thank you.:smile:

I am starting with 1Addicts - Craigslist and cars.com are next.
Premium Package
Sport Package
Comfort Access system
Heated front seats
Premium hi-fi system
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 09:05 PM   #8
Steve135i
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

I would say $40k is about right. I already had a dealer offer me $1500 off msrp and no added fees. Good luck selling it.
Appreciate 0
      07-10-2008, 09:16 PM   #9
Car Whore
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 944 Cup Car - Excursion - R32

always a tough sale and always a critic, you do have a lot of nice options (if someone is looking for them), a generally sought after color --- Good luck.

Definitely a tough market especially with dealers cutting deals left & right!
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 06:11 PM   #10
hbwav2002
Go Chiefs
Rep
Drives: Alpine White 135i

I'll give you $30,000
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2008, 09:35 PM   #11
WaFu
Private First Class
Rep