BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-15-2010, 05:51 PM   #1
H2Orower
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2019 M550i

Looking for Gray leather w/Gray Poplar wood pics?

Apparently, it's not very common. I've been searching and googling for days. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I sure would appreciate it.
Appreciate 0
      09-15-2010, 10:22 PM   #2
pinmagic
The Only Sane One Here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Orower View Post
Apparently, it's not very common. I've been searching and googling for days. If anyone can point me in the right direction, I sure would appreciate it.
You looking to buy a new 1-Series? Starting this month, there was a change in the gray leather interior. Formerly, if you ordered gray, the entire interior was gray (complete door panels, carpeting, bottom half of dash, etc.). I believe BMW referred to it as a "universal color".

Starting with cars built in September, the gray won't be a "universal" color. Instead, it'll be like most of the other interior colors - two-tone (with black) on the doors, black carpeting, and all-black dash.

The only remaining "universal" color is taupe.

I think the gray is gonna look a lot better now. It's a nice color, but in the past, there was just too much of it. Didn't look sporty.

Just my opinion (and the opinion of a lot of people who've posted about it in the past).
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 08:10 AM   #3
H2Orower
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pinmagic View Post
You looking to buy a new 1-Series? Starting this month, there was a change in the gray leather interior. Formerly, if you ordered gray, the entire interior was gray (complete door panels, carpeting, bottom half of dash, etc.). I believe BMW referred to it as a "universal color".

Starting with cars built in September, the gray won't be a "universal" color. Instead, it'll be like most of the other interior colors - two-tone (with black) on the doors, black carpeting, and all-black dash.

The only remaining "universal" color is taupe.

I think the gray is gonna look a lot better now. It's a nice color, but in the past, there was just too much of it. Didn't look sporty.

Just my opinion (and the opinion of a lot of people who've posted about it in the past).
Thanks for the feedback. Yup, I'm familiar with the new two-tone vs. the previous universal coloring for the gray, and I agree with what you said about there being too much of it in the past. The BMW website configurator gives me a good idea about the basic gray/black pattern, but like the exterior metalic colors, the color rendering on the website can sometimes be misleading so it's nicer to see either an actual car or a real picture.

I did indeed go ahead and order my 135i coupe, but I figured that there was still a few days window to make changes before the production code locked me in. There are so many nice cars with great color combinations on this forum, and that makes it real easy to start second guessing one's decision.

I'm looking forward to the end of October when my new ride arrives. I went with 135i coupe in LeMans/Gray leather & Poplar loaded with nearly all the goodies.
Appreciate 0
      09-16-2010, 08:29 AM   #4
pinmagic
The Only Sane One Here
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135i Convertible

The gray is really nice. It would have been in my top 2, if it had been two-tone when I ordered it. I'm sure you'll like it.
Appreciate 0
      10-30-2010, 07:07 PM   #5
H2Orower
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Well, since nobody had gray/poplar pictures to share, I guess I'll just have to share my own. Perhaps, it will help someone else with the decision process.

I went ahead with the car order, and delivery day finally rolled around today. I'm very pleased with the look of the gray boston leather and gray poplar wood trim. In the past, I've always had black leather/walnut wood trim, but I wanted something lighter to go with the Le Mans blue exterior.

Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 03:06 PM   #6
sarafil
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: '25 X5 M60 & '20 M550

Quote:
Originally Posted by H2Orower View Post
Well, since nobody had gray/poplar pictures to share, I guess I'll just have to share my own. Perhaps, it will help someone else with the decision process.

Thanks for the pics!! The black/grey interior looks better than I expected.

I'm debating 135i or 1M right now, and if I go for the 135 it will basically end up being your car's twin except with a 3rd pedal.
      10-31-2010, 07:11 PM   #7
GWitha135i
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 135i

the interior looks great, car looks great, I am sure you are super excited
Appreciate 0
      10-31-2010, 10:17 PM   #8
H2Orower
Private First Class
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by GWitha135i View Post
the interior looks great, car looks great, I am sure you are super excited
Thanks. I'm very excited about the car and I'm having a ton of fun driving it!

Quote:
Originally Posted by sarafil View Post
Thanks for the pics!! The black/grey interior looks better than I expected.

I'm debating 135i or 1M right now, and if I go for the 135 it will basically end up being your car's twin except with a 3rd pedal.
I know what you're saying. It's really tough to judge a color combination without seeing it (either in person or at least in close up pics). Hope my pics helped. Good luck with your decision. Sounds like a win/win proposition.
Appreciate 0