BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

View Poll Results: Would you buy a Monte Carlo Blue 1 Series M Coupe?
I would by a Monte Carlo Blue 1 Series M Coupe over the other 3 offered colors. 89 83.18%
I will only buy a 1 Series M Coupe if it comes in Monte Carlo Blue. 18 16.82%
Voters: 107. You may not vote on this poll

12-16-2010, 10:48 PM   #45
Evan135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: My wife Crazy

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
+1.

Missed my chance at an Estoril E36 M3, now driving an Interlagos M3 which is too dark. I'd absolutely love a Monte Carlo Blue 1M!

It's possible that BMWNA might take your special order for a car in this color, but then you'd pay Individual prices for it - $4k dealer cost. That would make it completely prohibitive price wise as it would bring it too close to an M3 sedan.

Would love to see BMWNA set up a Priority 1 type of option for Monte Carlo Blue. Easy for them, easy for the informed customer, wouldn't have to show up on the online configurator.

Edit: Just thought of something - the orange contrast stitching of the interior coordinates with all 3 standard colors, but wouldn't coordinate well with Monte Carlo blue. So they would have to either match the stitching, or go with black stitching. Based on past BMWNA behavior, I doubt either will happen.
I agree that orange stitching on the interior with the MC Blue would not be my first choice. In fact I am not excited about the interior period. But I could live with it.

The two colors, orange and blue, are what are called complementary on the color wheel. Red is opposite green, orange opposite blue, etc. In art they use complementary colors to draw attention to the object or painting. Does not mean you have to like it but orange and blue together is certainly not unprecidented

Many popular sports team use orange and blue together for this exact reason. Denver Broncos, Florida Gators, Boise State, Auburn Tigers, Syracuse University, Chicago Bears, Miami Dolphins and I am sure others. They do contrast each other. Look at the M3 pictures in this post where the car is MC Blue on an orangish floor.

Funny, I think I have just talked myself into liking it...LOL
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 04:24 AM   #46
silverfox
Alpine White M Performance
No_Country
Rep
Drives: 2017 X5M

Sign me up for this blue
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 10:02 AM   #47
cracka
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: VO 1M

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evan135 View Post
The two colors, orange and blue, are what are called complementary on the color wheel. Red is opposite green, orange opposite blue, etc. In art they use complementary colors to draw attention to the object or painting. Does not mean you have to like it but orange and blue together is certainly not unprecidented

I don't mind the combo at all.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 11:50 AM   #48
Evan135
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: My wife Crazy

Just called BMW NA and made a comment for MC Blue, and a sunroof option. They were nice and it took all of 4 minutes. I think it is a good idea to make the call and hope it does some good.
Appreciate 0
      12-17-2010, 03:44 PM   #49
///M1
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Many

Garage List
And let's not forget those beautiful Gulf blue-orange colored racing cars! (Porsches, Ford GTs, even modern day ones!)

Here is a look of a GT 40

http://www.gt40s.com/forum/gt40-tech...lor-codes.html
1998 Porsche 993 C4S: Zenith Blue, last aircooled widebody, Bilstein PSS10, Fister II + Fabspeed exhaust
2008 Audi B7 RS 4: Sprint Blue, Audi Exclusive Euro Bucket Interior, Premium+Titanium, many mods
Appreciate 0