BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

02-13-2011, 08:26 AM   #1
mangledlftthumb
Private
Canada
Rep
Drives: AW 1M (162 of 220)

Radio settings

When set to satellite radio, the main radio display shows the station name & number. I can press ALL or INFO to get more details but, when I do that, the preset buttons disappear & hitting the steering wheel controls just moves up/down by station number (as opposed to up/down thru presets).

My question is, is there a way to configure the radio such that:
1) The main display scrolls station name, number, and info across the screen (the $99 satellite radio I had in my previous car did this)
2) In ALL or INFO mode, the presets are there
3) In ALL or INFO mode, the steering wheel controls change up/down thru the preset stations

Last edited by mangledlftthumb; 02-13-2011 at 10:56 AM..
Appreciate 0
      02-13-2011, 09:28 AM   #2
Barry45RPM
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2007 MB E550, 2010 128i Conv

Quote:
Originally Posted by mangledlftthumb View Post
When set to satellite radio, the main radio display shows the station name & number. I can press ALL or INFO to get more details but, when I do that, the preset buttons disappear & hitting the steering wheel controls just moves up/down by station number (as opposed to up/down presets).

My question is, is there a way to configure the radio such that:
1) The main display scrolls station name, number, and info across the screen (the $99 satellite radio I had in my previous car did this)
2) In ALL or INFO mood, the presets are there
3) In ALL or INFO mood, the steering wheel controls change up/down the preset stations
No, No, and No. Its stupid, and the Germans can give you 10 reasons each why their way is better.
Appreciate 0