BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

05-24-2008, 09:16 AM   #221
UM-Iceman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by zbladejr View Post
Iceman:
Yours is on the truck for sure - in fact you've probably picked up, because I talked to my CA yesterday and he said 'pick-up on Tuesday'. Bummer - wanted the weekend!!! :iono:

Let us know if you're picking up this weekend.
Haven't heard back yet so I'm making the assumption that I'll pick up next week unless I get a surprise call today. I'm bummed out too. Its so damn nice out today. Would have been great for that first photo shoot and couple hundred miles of break in. Oh well.
      05-24-2008, 09:51 AM   #222
zbladejr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by UM-Iceman View Post
Haven't heard back yet so I'm making the assumption that I'll pick up next week unless I get a surprise call today. I'm bummed out too. Its so damn nice out today. Would have been great for that first photo shoot and couple hundred miles of break in. Oh well.
Let's keep posted. Did you tell them not to mount the front license plate? I hope he remembers - which CA are you dealing with? I'm with Chester.
Appreciate 0
      05-24-2008, 12:34 PM   #223
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Falstaff through the Panama Canal

I finally posted the pics I grabbed from the Canal cams of the Falstaff passing through various points at the Panama Canal on May 21st. Not in order yet, but here are the links:

Gatun Locks
http://www.pbase.com/quattrocoupe/fa...ugh_gatun_lock

Centennial Bridge
http://www.pbase.com/quattrocoupe/fa...tennial_bridge

Miraflores Locks
http://www.pbase.com/quattrocoupe/fa...raflores_locks

Looks like she is still on track to arrive Port Hueneme on the 28th!

JB
Attached Images

05-24-2008, 09:10 PM   #224
zbladejr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Okay guys, it's coming to a close. My next post will be on Wednesday night....I hope. Today my CA confirmed that pick-up will be on Wednesday of next week. Very exciting!!!
Appreciate 0
      05-25-2008, 07:41 PM   #225
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Okay guys, it's coming to a close. My next post will be on Wednesday night....I hope. Today my CA confirmed that pick-up will be on Wednesday of next week. Very exciting!!!
Very exciting news indeed!!!
      05-25-2008, 09:34 PM   #226
pwillcutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Congrats Z !

I'm at least a week behind you, but wondering about your timeline......
Will it have been 12 days since your boat arrived in
NY until the day you take delivery at your dealer in CT ?

My boat arrives on 5/29 in NY, so delivery to Western Mass 12 days later would put me at June 10th delivery.

Is 12 days typical ? or did yours get hung up ?

I was hoping it would only be a week from boat arrival to dealer delivery:smile:. This final stretch of waiting is a killer (especially as the weather gets nicer !!:biggrin

Thanks......

135i Convertible
Crimson Red w/ Taupe soft top
Taupe 'ette & Light Burl Walnut trim
Steptronic
Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0
      05-26-2008, 09:34 PM   #227
zbladejr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by pwillcutts View Post
Congrats Z !

I'm at least a week behind you, but wondering about your timeline......
Will it have been 12 days since your boat arrived in
NY until the day you take delivery at your dealer in CT ?

My boat arrives on 5/29 in NY, so delivery to Western Mass 12 days later would put me at June 10th delivery.

Is 12 days typical ? or did yours get hung up ?

I was hoping it would only be a week from boat arrival to dealer delivery:smile:. This final stretch of waiting is a killer (especially as the weather gets nicer !!:biggrin

Thanks......
pwillcutts. My car was arrived at port in NY last saturday, then had to get to the DC and will arrive at dealer tomorrow. So 10 days from boat to dealer....with a Holiday weekend in between. My guess is that there was no hang-up, this is pretty normal, all depends on back-up at prep center. My dealer asked for 24 hours to prep car for final delivery. To be safe expect 10 days yourself, but could be as few as 3 or 4 based on some stories I've heard/read. Bit of a dice roll. But after 10 weeks waiting..... Good luck with your delivery.

Z
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 08:31 AM   #228
plien69
Captain
Rep
Drives: 2014 M235i

Quote:
pwillcutts. My car was arrived at port in NY last saturday, then had to get to the DC and will arrive at dealer tomorrow. So 10 days from boat to dealer....with a Holiday weekend in between. My guess is that there was no hang-up, this is pretty normal, all depends on back-up at prep center. My dealer asked for 24 hours to prep car for final delivery. To be safe expect 10 days yourself, but could be as few as 3 or 4 based on some stories I've heard/read.
My car arrived at the NY/NJ port on March 21, and I took delivery on March 26. That's 3 business days from port to delivery, including Easter weekend.

My dealer actually received the vehicle that Monday, and I just happened to be at the dealer that afternoon when my CA waved a sheet of paper at me and asked "Do you know what this means? It means we have your car! When do you want to pick it up?" This means that my car was off-loaded on Good Friday, received VPC prep over Easter weekend, and arrived at my dealer on Monday. I was surprised it was that fast. I was fully expecting to wait 10 days from when the boat docked.

I wonder if some of the longer VPC processing times are due to retrofitting the v81 DME to the cars that were in transit when the switchover was made at the factory? Don't mean to rain of people's parade, but I have heard rumors that BMW was performing the retrofit at the VPCs.
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 10:14 AM   #229
pwillcutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
pwillcutts. My car was arrived at port in NY last saturday, then had to get to the DC and will arrive at dealer tomorrow. So 10 days from boat to dealer....with a Holiday weekend in between. My guess is that there was no hang-up, this is pretty normal, all depends on back-up at prep center. My dealer asked for 24 hours to prep car for final delivery. To be safe expect 10 days yourself, but could be as few as 3 or 4 based on some stories I've heard/read. Bit of a dice roll. But after 10 weeks waiting..... Good luck with your delivery.

Z
Thanks for the info Z. I forgot you had a holiday weekend to contend with in that timeline. 4 days delivery would be amazing, but I'll expect 10-12 and then maybe I'll get a pleasant surprise!

I'm on a boat (COURAGE) that arrives the same day as another boat (FAUST), so that might back-up the prep center (although my boat leaves port the same day it arrives, whearas the FAUST departs a day later, maybe COURAGE cars get into the prep first !:biggrin.

135i Convertible
Steptronic
Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 10:20 AM   #230
pwillcutts
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by plien69 View Post
My car arrived at the NY/NJ port on March 21, and I took delivery on March 26. That's 3 business days from port to delivery, including Easter weekend.

My dealer actually received the vehicle that Monday, and I just happened to be at the dealer that afternoon when my CA waved a sheet of paper at me and asked "Do you know what this means? It means we have your car! When do you want to pick it up?" This means that my car was off-loaded on Good Friday, received VPC prep over Easter weekend, and arrived at my dealer on Monday. I was surprised it was that fast. I was fully expecting to wait 10 days from when the boat docked.

I wonder if some of the longer VPC processing times are due to retrofitting the v81 DME to the cars that were in transit when the switchover was made at the factory? Don't mean to rain of people's parade, but I have heard rumors that BMW was performing the retrofit at the VPCs.
So they work at the prep center on Saturdays & Sundays & holidays? What's this v81 DME recall retrofit you mentioned?

135i Convertible
Steptronic
Cold Weather Package
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 10:29 AM   #231
plien69
Captain
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by pwillcutts View Post
So they work at the prep center on Saturdays & Sundays & holidays? What's this v81 DME recall retrofit you mentioned?
Yes, it did make me wonder what the working hours are at the VPC. Maybe they prepped it and sent it out the same day on Friday, which means they worked on Good Friday.

See the following thread for info on V81:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=7967
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 03:52 PM   #232
zbladejr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by plien69 View Post

Could be. I'll have to check that out. Though it could also be that the prep center was backed up more than usual; my car/customer id could be lower priority, car could have had some damage in shipment (replace a fender, or whatever) etc.., etc..... I'd say your 4 days was likely on the low side. But the work through Holiday weekend thing is interesting indeed.
Tomorrow is the end of it and that's what I'm focused on now:
Appreciate 0
      05-27-2008, 05:36 PM   #233
UM-Iceman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Tomorrow is the end of it and that's what I'm focused on now: [/quote]

Yeah Z! Tomorrow is the big day. Enjoy that first drive and of course, some pics when you get a chance.
      05-27-2008, 09:27 PM   #234
imported_Katera
Captain
Rep
Drives:

My car got in today. Oh yea.
-Boston Grey Leather with Black High Gloss Accent
-Moonlit Black Top
-Comfort Access
-Premium P.
-Sport P.
-Premium Stereo
-IPOD/USB
-BMW Performance Pedals
-BMW Windscreen
-Sat Radio

Meet Kat!
[SIGPIC][/SIGPIC]
Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 08:35 PM   #235
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Falstaff Delayed a day

It looks like the Falstaff has been delayed a day. The Schedule on the WWL site has updated to show arrival at Port Hueneme on May 29th rather than the 28th.

JB
      05-28-2008, 10:39 PM   #236
zbladejr
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Garage List
2008 135i  [0.00]
Today was the big day!!! Picked up after work. Maybe I'll get around to writing something that others haven't yet, but my initial thoughts are something like this. The car is awesome! Very easy to get used to and does not get in the way of the driving experience (if you know what I mean). It's really perfect; I could wax on, but it's all been said before - smooth, fast and one with the road and driver. Now, here's what I didn't expect. First, with the 6MT, the car sounds incredible - the one I test drove was nice, but I don't remember it sounding this deep and loud - just very suprising, but in a great way. Also, while it's fast, it's quite controllable to stay on speed by staying in gear - it decreases the fuel economy but it's not like i'm going 40 one minute and then 60 the next (like some have complained). I'm keeping it under 4,500 RPM and frankly it's just about all I need on public roads. But it's nice to know there's more. Finally, I drove slowly by a bunch of guys playing baseball and I heard one say 'That's the 1 series' and 'what's up guy' to me (drove through 5mph, like is right). That was a nice feeling. Here's a few initial pics - major photoshoot coming up for pictures post. For those of you who are still waiting - it's worth every minute!
Attached Images

Appreciate 0
      05-28-2008, 10:53 PM   #237
lacrosse
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 997 C2

Garage List
2006 Carrera C2  [0.00]
2008 135i  [0.00]
2002 Mercedes ML 320  [0.00]
2006 330i  [0.00]
Congrats. She is beautiful!

Gone: 2008 135i/2006 330i Arrived: 2006 997/Black/Sand Beige Leather/6MT/Sports Chrono Plus/19&quot; Vorsteiner V-308s/Factory Nav/Sports Steering Wheel/Contrasting Mats/Heated Seats/Bose /V1/iPod adapter/Parrot Bluetooth/50% all around/Black &quot;911&quot; script/&quot;Gundo Hack&quot;/AWE black chrome tips/H&R adjustable front and rear sways/Rennline shift knob
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 08:27 AM   #238
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

VERY VERY Nice!!
      05-29-2008, 08:30 AM   #239
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Smile Falstaff Update

The Falstaff showed up on the ShineMicro site about 8:18pm May 28th just off San Diego. She should be in port in Port Hueneme by now (6:30am May 29) Our vehicles are very very close!!
Attached Images

05-29-2008, 09:24 AM   #240
Tijuana
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 535xi

Quote:
Originally Posted by quattrocoupe View Post
The Falstaff showed up on the ShineMicro site about 8:18pm May 28th just off San Diego. She should be in port in Port Hueneme by now (6:30am May 29) Our vehicles are very very close!!
You going down to the dock to welcome her home?

I'm picking mine up on Saturday! I don't think I'll be able to sleep Friday night.
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 10:44 AM   #241
plien69
Captain
Rep

zbalde,

Congrats! Black looks super sharp!
Appreciate 0
      05-29-2008, 04:42 PM   #242
quattrocoupe
Private
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tijuana View Post
You going down to the dock to welcome her home?]
<br><br>
Ahh... that would be something!!
<br><br>
[I'm picking mine up on Saturday! I don't think I'll be able to sleep Friday night.
Ahh, the anticpation of it all!!