BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-11-2019, 11:20 PM   #309
Chainlightning
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is Diamond Black

Quote:
Originally Posted by Thunderguts View Post
I bought my '09 128i to replace my last daily driver that was nearing the end of its life. I know the 128i won't be cheap to maintain (and I hate how reliant it is on computers), but I'm willing to put in the money and time for such a fun little car. Call me crazy, but I'd rather sink 10K into maintaining and upgrading a car that I love, vs almost any new car available today. New cars just don't do it for me.

If I had to pick an alternative I'd go with the 2019 WRX STI. It's not exactly analog, but it does still reward/punish driving skills. The Civic Type R looks like a dream to drive, but it's hideous and requires a $5k+ dealer markup.

So what car would get you out of your 1 series?
I have a 135is with 70Kmiles. It has needed quite a bit starting 8 days out of its extended warranty. I started looking at used S5's, and Boxsters. I really wanted a Cayman when I got the 135. If the choice was all mine, I would go for a used Cayman.
Appreciate 0