BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

10-15-2021, 01:04 PM   #23
slicer
Major General
Rep
Drives: 'E46 M3 Race Car, '23 X7

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Not "accusing". Liking how a wheel looks is not a crime. Just in our discussions you like the aggressive offsets as a preference. I prefer more
Tucked in closer to stock so nothing to accuse of. ???? If I'm wrong that you prefer agressive fitmemts then I apologize for the misunderstanding. When I reached out to you about buying RGRs and LMs you were pointing me to the 10" wide fronts which I really did not like the fit. So again if I'm wrong about your preference then sorry but that's not an accusation. That would be something like saying you steal or cheat not what your preference is. Finally you are correct about the awesome BBS spacers. I don't like spacers in general but BBS spacers are specially machined for BBS wheels and are TUV approved and give you more flexibility to experiment than the 22 offset. I hope that clears it and no accusing goin on. Cheers and thanks for your contributions to the forum.
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't offended by your comments. I do prefer wider rims with wider tires. This gives the tire more sidewall support and tread width for any given size. In other words, you will get more out of a 265 by putting it on a 10 (or 10.5) than using a 9.5.
'04 M3 - Fall Line Motorsports Built Race Car - S65 swap, Dry Sump, Bosch Stand-Alone ECU, Drenth Sequential Trans, MCS 3-Way, Flossmann Wide Body, Brembo Motorsports Brakes, Drexler LSD, BBS E88 Etc.
INSTAGRAM - @Slicer_M
Appreciate 1
nachob2343.00
      10-26-2021, 02:51 AM   #24
ahtim
Akrapovic HK
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: mostly NA, sometimes turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by slicer View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Not "accusing". Liking how a wheel looks is not a crime. Just in our discussions you like the aggressive offsets as a preference. I prefer more
Tucked in closer to stock so nothing to accuse of. ???? If I'm wrong that you prefer agressive fitmemts then I apologize for the misunderstanding. When I reached out to you about buying RGRs and LMs you were pointing me to the 10" wide fronts which I really did not like the fit. So again if I'm wrong about your preference then sorry but that's not an accusation. That would be something like saying you steal or cheat not what your preference is. Finally you are correct about the awesome BBS spacers. I don't like spacers in general but BBS spacers are specially machined for BBS wheels and are TUV approved and give you more flexibility to experiment than the 22 offset. I hope that clears it and no accusing goin on. Cheers and thanks for your contributions to the forum.
Thanks for the reply. I wasn't offended by your comments. I do prefer wider rims with wider tires. This gives the tire more sidewall support and tread width for any given size. In other words, you will get more out of a 265 by putting it on a 10 (or 10.5) than using a 9.5.
I would like to ask the front and rear Tyre size, because the stock size is 265/35 and 245/35 19, which mean the rear's diameter is a bit bigger than the front.
I am using the same stock size Tyre on my 19 too, and I am seeking what Tyre for my 18, shOuld i stay with the rear slightly bigger or at least the same size front and rear? Or doesn't it not matter?
I am thinking nankang ar1 : 255/35 and 295/30 18, or hankook z214 :245/35 275/35 18,

Thanks in advance
Appreciate 0