BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-03-2015, 10:51 PM   #23
Ed P
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2016 Z4 Sdrive28i

Quote:
Originally Posted by czirrfb View Post
My co worker has a brand new all black 2015 IS350 F-Sport. I am pretty sure he will beat my 09 135i.

But he also paid like $55k for it lol.
Nope. Unless you need a tune up. The IS is a nice car, but it's rather heavy, and takes a shift to third to get to 60 based on videos I've seen.

http://www.motorweek.org/reviews/roa...is_350_f_sport

Most tests show the 135i 0-60 at 5 seconds, give or take a couple tenths. My stock 2013 does it.

... gone but never forgotten ...
2013 135i M-Sport
Mineral Gray over Oyster Boston Leather
Appreciate 0
      06-03-2015, 11:20 PM   #24
bippie999
The One
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 m135i coupe sport package

Most Lexus cars I've driven don't handle that well; feel dangerous on a slippery road, and the dam Navigation screen is so bright it blinds you. Nice seats though.
2008 135i coupe w/Sport Package, aFe cold air, TC Kline DA suspension/Camber plates. AA Charge pipe/BOV, cat-less Downpipes, and AA FMIC. SuperSprint mid-pipes, Cobb V3 AP, and Corsa muffler, Wavetrac LSD, M3 contol arms and bushings + RSFB, Rear Toe-control arms, Front and rear H&R sway bars, shock tower brace, Hawk track pads, Michelin Pilot Super Sports. Enkei wheels.
Appreciate 0
      06-04-2015, 06:27 PM   #25
Huecifer
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i

I drove a 1st gen IS300 before the 128, and I'm sorry to say it was a better car, in general. It handled better (lower ultimate grip but wayyyy better balance and a factory LSD!), was lighter, had a better engine and manual trans, and it never needed more than routine maintenance in 175k. The 2nd gen IS's are kinda dogs: more weight, terrible interior, slushy manual. The new ones are strange on the outside but truly spectacular on the inside. Nothing in the pricepoint comes even close. And the 350 fsport drives much, much better than the new 328/335 with sport package. Better steering, less floaty suspension.

You feel good now, but that guy would be laughing at you every time your car is in the shop.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 09:42 AM   #26
davis449
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2014 Audi SQ5

Quote:
Originally Posted by Huecifer View Post
I drove a 1st gen IS300 before the 128, and I'm sorry to say it was a better car, in general. It handled better (lower ultimate grip but wayyyy better balance and a factory LSD!), was lighter, had a better engine and manual trans, and it never needed more than routine maintenance in 175k.
I would agree with this assessment. I really liked that 1st gen IS as a comparison against the e46 3 series. You could buy that car, barely compromise in terms of performance and do less than half the maintenance\repair of an e46 330i. Your largest concern was that 90K service, that's it.

Quote:
The 2nd gen IS's are kinda dogs: more weight, terrible interior, slushy manual.
In terms of performance, the IS 250, sure, but not the IS 350. I disagree about the interior assessment, too.

Quote:
The new ones are strange on the outside but truly spectacular on the inside. Nothing in the pricepoint comes even close. And the 350 fsport drives much, much better than the new 328/335 with sport package. Better steering, less floaty suspension.
I thought the exterior styling was strange on the front end when I first saw them, but they grew on me quickly. I need to go drive one to compare to the new 3 series. Paper figures don't back up your claims, though. They way I understand it, the TCS (on or off) makes the commercials for the new IS flat out lies. I will agree that the interiors are MILES above BMW\Mercedes\Audi.

Quote:
You feel good now, but that guy would be laughing at you every time your car is in the shop.
Fair enough, but I would still rather be the guy laughing because I just left him and his reliable Lexus in my rearview mirror like he was standing still.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 09:57 AM   #27
Wakka
but no flokka
United_States
Rep
Drives: M2C

This thread is kinda dumb, but will totally agree with OP on the styling of the new lexus'.

Front end reminds me of a pregnant women and the rear ends are all over the place with over thought out styling. The entire car is just too busy and looks like it was designed by a little kid or something.
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 11:06 AM   #28
Iron Man
Major
United_States
Rep
Drives: N/A

Quote:
Originally Posted by Wakka View Post
This thread is kinda dumb, but will totally agree with OP on the styling of the new lexus'.
Agreed. Why are we talking about a 2-series race with a Lexus in a 1-series forum?
Appreciate 0
      06-05-2015, 03:57 PM   #29
edisapimp
Civil Rights Activist
United_States
Rep
Drives: E46 Sedan, E88 Vert

With posts like this, I can't wait until we get to read about the road-rage victim gunned down in his little black BMW M235i.

E88 Crimson Red Vert MSport 6MT - Listing your mods in your signature is lame.
BMS DCI/MHD E30 Flash!!/AA Sport FMIC/VRSF CP w Tial BOV/VRSF 3" DPs/550i clutch w SPEC SMFW/Apex EC-7s/Whiteline RSFB/E92 M3 FCAs/Bilstein B12 Pro Kit/VRSF inlets
Appreciate 0
      06-07-2015, 07:32 AM   #30
low135
Banned
Rep
Drives: E88 135i

Aside from agreeing that the new Lexuses (Lexi?) are styled strangely, it's kind of pathetic to come on here and start bragging about some random person you thought was "racing to catch up" to you without even knowing their intentions. Like that meme about beating someone at a light and they had no idea you were racing them. And it's not even 1 series related haha pointless thread is pointless
Appreciate 0