BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

08-30-2010, 07:49 PM   #45
thez99
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 Audi A4

Garage List
2013 BMW 135i  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by allaccess View Post
Just got home from driving Sunset Blvd from Hollywood to the ocean at 2am. No traffic. No cops. Pure fun. Still breaking her in (300 miles in 5 days of possession - oh and I work at home!) but without breaking a sweat this car is so much more confidence inspiring than anything else I've driven... Can't stop grinning! Showed her off to some buddies and all were impressed with the lines, the size, the attitude, the specs...

Funny thing is that at least 4 other hot rodded 3 series coupes were going in the other direction. One jackass had a flat tire (heard it before I even saw him come around the bend) and was not slowing down...
What dyou do working at home??
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 08:25 PM   #46
UR2SLOW1
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Thank you for this thread. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about how "everyones" HFP is failing 20 times and how people are getting rid of their cars for something "better" I've had my 135i since April 1, 2008 and could not be happier. Yeah, I've done some mods to keep things fresh: Dinan Stage II, Cross Strut Bar, CSL wheels and RE-11 tires. However, this car still thrills me everytime I drive it and I'm constantly amazed at the power. I recently added a Comptech Supercharger to my 1991 NSX and have to say, the damn 135i still feels faster. Prior to the 135i I pretty much kept my cars 6-12 months, now I'll probably have the 135i till used R8's come down in price
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 08:29 PM   #47
meg180
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM G80 M3

I love everything about my baby. Especially outdoing my husband in his 335.
Appreciate 0
      08-30-2010, 09:13 PM   #48
roo97ss
Captain
Rep
Drives: X6M, Tesla Plaid, MYP, Ram

Quote:
Originally Posted by UR2SLOW1 View Post
Thank you for this thread. I'm so sick and tired of hearing about how "everyones" HFP is failing 20 times and how people are getting rid of their cars for something "better" I've had my 135i since April 1, 2008 and could not be happier. Yeah, I've done some mods to keep things fresh: Dinan Stage II, Cross Strut Bar, CSL wheels and RE-11 tires. However, this car still thrills me everytime I drive it and I'm constantly amazed at the power. I recently added a Comptech Supercharger to my 1991 NSX and have to say, the damn 135i still feels faster. Prior to the 135i I pretty much kept my cars 6-12 months, now I'll probably have the 135i till used R8's come down in price
Wow, I was wondering what my replacement car will be. hadn't considered the r8, but before my warranty runs out in about 3 years i should be ready for one...

nice taste. I love the nsx too.
      08-31-2010, 09:52 AM   #49
Dr3K0
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

Well, for me is on the weekend (this is my weekend car), I wake up and have a nice breakfast. Take a shower and roll out the 1. Play Frank Sinatra while I blast thru the road. Not like an asshole, but more like commanding authority. While my tunes keep me nice and collected, the car is holding corners like un rails, pushing after the apex and keep my momentum. All traffic seems to slow, like a sci-fi movie where time is somewhat suspended while I drive by them, left right left right..... But inside is all in a separate environment. Just Frank singing tunes. Delightful!! While outside is the sound of that engineered marvel N54 is growling and in between growls then the surprising and scary in a good way sound of the Blow off venting the excess of forced madness to the atmosphere. Creating fear to some, repect to others on the street. A few look at the car with a surprised face once they acknowledge that little bimmer is boosting and moves so gracefully over the asphalt. Then light turns green and off I go, with Frank singing tunes with the same caliber as my car is pounding the road.

It’s just special. A well engineered car.
Appreciate 0
      08-31-2010, 10:44 PM   #50
Tessio
Private
Rep
Drives: 2001 M5

FUN, fun, fun car

1. It's simply fun to drive, responsive and engaging without being spastic and annoying
2. Delicious midrange power has a silky, linear delivery and a nice exhaust note
3. Good handling, with fluid steering, controlled, informative body roll and nice grip. It's flirtatious, almost great and obviously tweakable.
4. Great brakes, at least for street driving, with assertive initial bite and great modulation
5. Surprisingly good ride, the RFTs are a situational nuisance on hard-edged irregularites
6. Comfy seats with good bolstering - I stay put
7. Great steering wheel, love gripping this thing.
8. Driver-oriented dash layout with classic BMW guage simplicity
9. Nice shifter, if it gets even better with the SSK, I'll be in heaven
10. Surprising trunk space, this car is more functional than expected, a nice bonus
11. Decent gas mileage doesn't kill the party
12. I like to look at it. I love the domed roofline, the stubby trunk, the beltline crease and pulled taffy wavework in the doors. This car is just interesting, a custom painter's dream, it catches light in interesting ways from any angle. Almost any color looks good on this car. I would love to put a House of Kolor candy on this baby. Maybe Pagan Gold with some matte black accents and a dark window tint? How about a hot copper? Deep Plum?
13. It's so good overall that we love it despite the crap we bitch about. We just bitch about things hoping BMW will hear it and fix it. Nothing wrong with that, that's how good cars become great ones.
Appreciate 0
      09-02-2010, 05:05 PM   #51
g-lee
Registered
Rep
Drives: 128i Convertible

Trouble Free

We absolutely love our 128i vert, and have had not a single solitary problem in over 10,000 miles. Most fun car to drive ever.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2010, 12:32 AM   #52
jeremydgreat
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 135i

One other thing I like- the car hasn't really caught on in the US. Years after the 1 was launched, people still ask me "what is that?" I like that. I like that I don't see a lot on the road.

This also makes it the perfect sleeper car. Get a friend in the passenger seat, and when they ask "does this little car go fast or..." downshift and mash the pedal. WHAAAAAOOO!
135i // M-Sports Package // RR Oil Catch Can // Black Kidneys // iCarbon Hood // Alum Pedals // KW v2 Coilovers // Vorshlag Camber Plates // Hotchkis Sway Bar // Wheel Studs. Best mod ever? Tires. 255's in front, 275's in back.
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 10:35 PM   #53
M34lnch
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2017 BMW 440i

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
Things I love about my 1:

-The interior and driving position has a nice intimate feel to it, almost like a glove the fits your hand perfectly (the sport seats are amazing!!!)
-The exterior styling is great, I love looking at the lines and curves on the back and side of the car
-Amazing handling: Driving it is almost intuitive and it loves to attack corners and windy roads
-Throttle is smooooooth
-MPG isn't too horrible for six cylinder...21 MPG with mix of city and highway and AC always on auto (car hasn't been fully broken in yet though, 1100 miles)

Things I dislike about my 1:

-The front of the car looks kinda eh...not exactly pretty imo
-It doesn't like to cruise or go at a constant speed so to speak...hard to explain, can anyone else elaborate?
You have the 135i or 128i ?
Appreciate 0
      09-05-2010, 10:38 PM   #54
Remonster
Lieutenant Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by Raine View Post
-It doesn't like to cruise or go at a constant speed so to speak...hard to explain, can anyone else elaborate?
Yes, it has a ton of power and loves to get up an go

In case you were wondering, that's probably my favorite thing about this car.
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2010, 01:15 AM   #55
Trojan4evr
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 2021 G80 M3

Garage List
DCT, N55, M-tech,...
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 08:18 AM   #56
CurlyF15
Rep
Drives: Future 135i vert

Great thread, definately makes me want to order as opposed to trying to find the perfect used car!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 11:47 AM   #57
leftyone
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: '09 135 convertible

Just this morning, a little girl said to her mother as they passed in front of my car with the top down, 'mommy I like that car'

A little girl, maybe 7 or 8
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 03:54 PM   #58
schleppcar
Speed Camera Hater
United_States
Rep
Drives: '11 Z4 3.0 Deep Sea Blue/Tan

Everyone else has said it all! I've got almost 34k on her and still look back at her in a parking lot.

And I'm not even remotely close to being tired of that coral red interior either!

Life is way too short to skip good times when they come along!
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 10:15 PM   #59
Raudy
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 135cv/JB/CR/m-sport/JB4/prem

Wow

1st off very new to the 1addicts page and also a new(1 week) owner of a '11 135 vert. So far this thing is amazing, i agree with all of the other posts. I love driving the car, i love looking at the car and when i am not driving it, I am thinking about the car(I feel it is a sickness). My 335 was fantastic but the overall engaging feeling I get in the 1 is on a whole new level. Every time I turn the engine on and hear the exhaust I smile. Everytime I hit the accelerator and feel the response I get so excited. My buddy just bought an '11 A5 which in my opinion is a beautiful car as well, but after one quick trip in my car he said, WOW now I know why you have been so excited waiting for this car to be built for the past 8 weeks, it is amazing. He followed up with why are you at work you should just take the day off and DRIVE!!!!

I just cannot wait till I hit 1200mi so I can really unleash the beast.

Happy driving
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2010, 10:33 PM   #60
Orangerec
Enlisted Member
United_States
Rep
Drives: '08 135i, Sport, 6MT

I'm in love with my Sedona Red, exquisite. There, I said it.
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 12:20 AM   #61
JHZR2
Major
Rep
Drives: 91 E30, 11 135i cv

I can't say I have a complaint. Finding the right dealer was a process, but after that, everything from the buying to the PCD through driving it into my garage last time has ben great.

Going with the top down is awesome, the car is comfortable, supportive, I fit, and it has a nice power profile. I dont need to accelerate hard out of every stop, but it is nice to have a rush of power on demand. At the same time, I had a huge smile when my first tank came in at over 33 MPG. Not bad.

I will say that the clearcoat does seem to be a bit thin/easily etched. I plan to zaino it heavily and hopefully that will help. Lemans/lemon is an eye catcher, especially with the moonlight top, and the car is just ideal. I didnt get a lot of fancy junk on it to go wrong... besides the N55
Appreciate 0
      09-25-2010, 08:46 AM   #62
Rawhide
Captain
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2022 M340ix

Positive experiences... where to begin?

I think if I had to pick just one experience with my 128/135 it was the time I drove by a group of kids walking home from school. One kid raises his fist in the air and yells "whoo-hoo BMW!"

That's just but one experience, this car regularly delivers automotive "moments". One of the reasons I love the 1 more than any other car I've owned.
Appreciate 0
      09-28-2010, 11:24 AM   #63
tm30
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 128i

Love my 128.

1. The naturally aspirated engine. Love the TT's on the 135, but there's something so satisfying about perfecting the art of using the 6MT with the inline-6 to get some serious pickup from a dead stop.
2. Sport package comfort. The seats are amazing, or as my wife puts it, everytime she gets in the car, it gives her a hug.
3. Premium Hi-Fi and integrated iPod. I couldn't be happier with the sound and iPod functionality (okay, I wish I had iDrive for the iPod menus)
4. Bluetooth. Awesome.
5. Design. Wash it by hand enough times, and you learn to fall in love with the contours on this puppy. I'd gladly trade the fog lights for the 135 front end, however.
6. Backseat. Yeah, I'll say it. I've ridden in the backseat several times, and found it extremely comfortable. Even my wife, who is claustrophobic, rode back there, and she was surprised that it felt roomy to her. I think it's because the seats are designed so at to allow you to "sit back", so your face is not right in the backside of the front seat. It may not have the real estate back there, but BMW designed it to minimize the cramped feeling of other 2+2's.
7. This spot is reserved my future joy over a performance exhaust I hope to install in 2011.
      09-28-2010, 11:32 AM   #64
Dave
formerly izzo/comeback
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 RC 350 F Sport

Garage List
2008 135i  [6.80]
I love my 135

- the exhaust note
- the rear tail lights
- the M steering wheel
-The p3 boost gauge on it
-the alpine white to dark tint contrast
- the sports pkg with adj thigh support
-the paddles (yes i said it)
      12-09-2010, 02:12 PM   #65
TJ bmw135i
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i Convertible

Garage List
2008 135i Vert  [0.00]
The top down acceleration noise from the back - my son yelling 'YEEAAA' - and the car sounds good too :-)
Appreciate 0
      12-09-2010, 06:11 PM   #66
badpugs
Registered
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2009 128i

I've had my 128i for about a year and a half now and every time I walk up to it I smile.

It's a damn fine sexy beast of a car.
Appreciate 0