12-18-2010, 11:19 AM   #67
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by philip View Post
Is it ok to rev it like that when the engine is still cold?
Quote:
Originally Posted by thkfast View Post
My thoughts exactly! What kind of an idiot cold starts a motor then revs it to the fuel cutoff !?!?

Moron.

That should be me instead.
Unfortunately for this poor 1M I expect it will be crushed when it's served it's purpose in 3 months time anyway so it won't matter!

Mark
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 12:38 PM   #68
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1(M)other f*^#er of a car

Can I have my 11mins back please?

What happened to the days of BMW films? Or thinks like Sabina Shmitd?

What the hell is this; a garage then a car the a fence then a bird...

Engine on... Engine off... Engine on... Engine off... Maybe they can shown us how the door opens????

I cannot believe I was so bored watching that.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 12:47 PM   #69
Judge
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 135i

FORMAT67.DE does them the best.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 12:49 PM   #70
billspreston
Colonel
Rep
Drives: G87

Guys the video is a stock reel intended to be used by magazines and various publications and cut into something much more concise. Just like with all the photos BMW takes they also take video footage from tons of angles and positions so the person editing the final video has lots of options to choose from. From a industry perspective I think it's pretty cool BMW provides such footage. From a customer perspective it's kind of nice to get a good look at the car from various angles without some annoying house music playing in the background
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 03:35 PM   #71
han405
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: E46 M3, E92 M3

I don't get this.. Why would they publish an unedited raw footage??
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 04:51 PM   #72
as7920
Colonel
United Kingdom
Rep
Drives: 2023 SG/FR M4 xDrive Competiti

Quote:
Originally Posted by han405 View Post
I don't get this.. Why would they publish an unedited raw footage??
Because we are all baying for it!

I would rather this than nothing at all. But then there are some that aren't for this kind of thing. To those i say don't bother watching.

That simple.
Appreciate 0
      12-18-2010, 09:14 PM   #73
GewoW
#thatsanicemovebro
Greece
Rep
Drives: E92 M3 LSB/Black 6MT

Garage List
2011 BMW M3  [9.34]
dammit it sounds like crap
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 05:14 AM   #74
Robert
Major General
Rep
Drives: 135i -> is350 -> Tesla M3 perf

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
For those who don't already drive the 135i or are leasing I can see how the 1M makes sense. But if you already own and love the 135i it's not big enough of a jump for the cost in my opinion.
Agree 100%! I think if you have a 135i and looking for a M car then M3 is the most logical choice. Getting a 1M to replace 135i is like buying latest edition of a favorite book you already own. Had BMW made a dedicated engine to 1M it would be different. Realistically, I don't blame BMW for not making a new engine for a car only lasting 1-2 model year.

It has been a common theme lately. Many cayman owners felt the same way about Cayman R so now Porsche may roll out Cayman CS.
      12-19-2010, 09:52 AM   #75
cpippolo
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 M2 Comp

Quote:
Originally Posted by Judge View Post
For those who don't already drive the 135i or are leasing I can see how the 1M makes sense. But if you already own and love the 135i it's not big enough of a jump for the cost in my opinion.
I'm inclined to agree. If I had a recent 135 I would not trade it for this. However, I'll be ready to trade in my 335xi next year for something smaller (that the kids can still squeeze into the back every once in a while), lighter, and back to rear-wheel drive. Was already inclined to buy a 1-series next year because I wasn't sure I wanted to wait for the next gen 1-series coupe. However, I wasn't excited about the 1-series understeer. The 1M seems to fix most of the issues with the 135 (power wasn't an issue for me) for someone like me who isn't going to make perfromanc modifications to their car. While I'm not thrilled about the color choices or the interior, that's not a huge deal for me. And frankly, I find the debate about whether it is or is not an M to be rather tiresome. The car is what it is, and its enough of an improvement over the 135 to justify the price differential in my mind, and I don't really care what its called (and could happily do without the weight of the fake-quad exhaust). Perhaps more importantly, its about the only car available for 5 figures that will hold my wife and kids, be a blast to drive, and can serve as a decent daily driver (i.e., not feel like I'm driving a tin can like some of the rally inspired high-perfromance sedands from Japan). I've thought about the M3, and it certainly has a lot of appeal, but am looking for something a llittle lighter (and preferablly not a gas guzzler). However, if my dealer breaks his promise and tries to charge over MSRP for the 1M, I just might go with the M3 (from a different dealer). Caymans, TTRSs, 911s and the rest with no back seat (or a useless backseat when the driver is 6'1") just don't meet my needs.

All that said, if I were looking for a pure track car/weekend toy, I'd probably be looking at a Cayman S, but can't justify the expense and depreciation (not to mention the purchase of a lift for my garage) for a toy. Haven't filled up the kids' 529 plans yet. As it is, I put less than 10K miles a year on my daily driver, so having two cars just doesn't make sense (as much fun as it might be).

For those of you keeping a 135 or deciding to buy a new or used M3, I certainly think you're making a good choice. But for my particular circumstances, the timing of the 1M works out perfectly and if all goes according to plan, it will be in my garage next year.
Appreciate 0
      12-19-2010, 01:11 PM   #76
G33
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 335i

i think the highlights of the video for me are defintely the panning shots of the shutter doors, blue sky and pit lane walls. the fly sounds better also :P
Appreciate 0