BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-19-2016, 08:36 PM   #67
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Quote:
Originally Posted by Esteban View Post
Give us a hint.

Does he like mushrooms?
I could tell you, but then I would have to kill you :-)
Appreciate 0
      07-19-2016, 11:30 PM   #68
champignon
Disrupter
United_States
Rep
Drives: 1M;Z3M Cp;135is Vert, 996TT

Due to a number of requests, and with the permission of the individual afflicted, I will give a 2nd hand recounting of the experiences with a small piece of Detailer's Clay that inadvertently found its way into a washing machine, on the heavy duty cycle :-) I am not at liberty to divulge the name, sex, mental state, marital status, or any other detail about the individual who recounted this information to me; so please don't ask.

As told to me, this innocent looking smallish ball of detailer's clay fragmented into a million disgusting slimy pieces that went everywhere in the front loading washing machine. At the time of discovery of this disaster (the end of the washing cycle) it appeared that all would be lost, that all the contents of the washer would need to be discarded. Instead, it was possible to pick out the large clumps, to wipe off the interior drum and gaskets of said front loading washing machine, then to pick out the material off of the clothing. The clothing was then washed a couple more times in smaller batches (resulting in a total of many wash batches) and the remaining material was washed out into the bowels of the sewer system. Any small remaining particles appeared to come out in the dryer.

But, by report, it was really really gross.
Appreciate 2
      07-20-2016, 04:19 PM   #69
swagon
Major General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: F80 6MT

07-20-2016, 04:24 PM   #70
1and1
Loves me some MHD!
United_States
Rep
Drives: faster than he should...

Garage List
'09 135i  [10.00]
Well, hey, at least the surface is clean & free of contaminants now...

Ready to run a few applicators through the wash now. Maybe a few microfiber cloths next
X1 - E84.N20 2013 MGM - JB4 - The Wife's, now with new turbo & ewg
Appreciate 0
      07-20-2016, 07:54 PM   #71
JimD
Brigadier General
Rep
Drives: 128i convertible

I didn't read all the other posts but I am probably the first to admit using NuFinish. I used to use it once a year on my now 10 year old Suzuki SUV and the paint looks pretty good despite the fact that I haven't waxed it in about 3 years. I try to wax the bimmer and clean and apply protectant to the cloth top once a year. I have used clay on it twice. I think it helps but it is more work.

So my recommendation for something cheap and reasonably quick is NuFinish. If you just wash and wax it is a couple hours. You wipe the wax on, let it haze, and wipe the excess off. Paper towels will work but microfibers work better. If you want to do a better job, clay it in between the wash and wax. That adds a half hour or so. If you have a SUV, multiply these times by two.

My goal is to have a car that looks decent, sheds water and contaminants reasonably well and not have the paint deteriorate. NuFinish will do that in my opinion and experience.
      07-21-2016, 08:00 AM   #72
Kev!n
master of my domain
Rep
Drives: 2013 135is

Quote:
Originally Posted by JimD View Post
I didn't read all the other posts but I am probably the first to admit using NuFinish.
I'll confess to using it on my wife's car which is our daily driver. I waxed it a few weeks ago and added a top coat of Griot's wax over the NuFinish. I was happy with the results. Her car also goes through an automatic wash during the winter months. It's a daily driver so I'm less prone to "baby" it and just want it to look decent and last.
Appreciate 0