BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

07-11-2011, 06:49 PM   #111
MPFit
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 2012 BMW 135i CSM

I got the HK.
Only driven it in Europe so far (waiting on it to arrive in SC for my PCD)
But imo, the HK stereo is fantastic. I havent heard the base system, but I don't regret spending extra for the HK at all- and yes, I am an audiophile.
Appreciate 0
      07-11-2011, 07:59 PM   #112
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep
Drives: 2012 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by MPFit View Post
I got the HK.
Only driven it in Europe so far (waiting on it to arrive in SC for my PCD)
But imo, the HK stereo is fantastic. I havent heard the base system, but I don't regret spending extra for the HK at all- and yes, I am an audiophile.
Thanks for the input... I'm reading some of the other threads concerning the HK, not a lot of info on it for the 2012's.

At this stage, we are trying to locate a car. Unfortunately the red coral interior (my favorite) doesn't appear to be an option with the cars out there...

Also, I will be calling bmw tomorrow to find out about what happens if the price is different for the exchange of the previous vehicle? Who picks up the difference? That's all for now... Tomorrow should hear more news.
      07-13-2011, 05:56 PM   #113
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

BMW reached out this afternoon to see if the dealership had also done the same. Their is a car arriving to port with a somewhat alternative option, and am waiting to hear from the sales manager at bmw to see when they will be able to acquire a vehicle.

No word from the dealership, other then the salesman trying to locate a similar car. What a pita. More updates to follow.
      07-13-2011, 06:40 PM   #114
swaite
High School Dropout
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Glad to see BMW making their customers happy. Why can't they just swap out the seats for you to have red? 2 hours labor, max. Really?
      07-13-2011, 09:17 PM   #115
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
Originally Posted by MD Designs View Post
It is more difficult to find the options on the car that I previously had... May have to come up with a different interior / exterior color combination.

It was black w / black/red/aluminum interior....

Any thoughts?
Awesome. Congrats on the the proper resolution.
See, the good vibes worked!

I'd definitely insist on the red interior. It's awesome.
I've gotten many compliments on the interior color.
It adds a certain "special-ness" to it, especially in a fun car like the 1.

I'd add that if you find the car you like, but it's got more options than you originally wanted, or wanted to pay for, then BMW should eat the added cost.
It's great that they are getting you a new car, but a little extra compensation with some added options isn't too much to ask, is it?
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 09:21 PM   #116
RPM90
Major General
Rep
Drives: 340i M-sport AT

Quote:
I completely agree... My top choice would be space grey or any grey exterior, however doesn't seem to be an option with what is in inventory....

Right now, I can do a black on black w/hk and nav or...

space grey / black w/hk no nav... Would love to get a space grey / coral red hk/nav but doesn't seem like anyone carries it... Decisions, decisions!
I have space gray with red. It's sweet.
But, I couldn't find that color with manual trans anywhere, so I ordered.
Can't they find a car/combo you like that's in the pipeline, coming to a dealer for stock, or soon to be shipped?
You may have to wait a couple of weeks, but I'd be willing to wait to get at least close to what I wanted.
Appreciate 0
      07-13-2011, 11:12 PM   #117
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
I have space gray with red. It's sweet.
But, I couldn't find that color with manual trans anywhere, so I ordered.
Can't they find a car/combo you like that's in the pipeline, coming to a dealer for stock, or soon to be shipped?
You may have to wait a couple of weeks, but I'd be willing to wait to get at least close to what I wanted.
Nothing is showing up in inventory, or nothing that they are informing me of with the listed options locally. It maybe an issue with the dealership not wanting to ship a car in etc., to make sure they cover their costs. We will see what happens tomorrow. I may have to just bite the bullet and get the blk on blk. Keep posted!
      07-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #118
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by RPM90 View Post
Awesome. Congrats on the the proper resolution.
See, the good vibes worked!

I'd definitely insist on the red interior. It's awesome.
I've gotten many compliments on the interior color.
It adds a certain "special-ness" to it, especially in a fun car like the 1.

I completely agree... I had the red / black interior with the aluminum trim, and it was AWESOME, no question.
      07-13-2011, 11:14 PM   #119
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaite View Post
Glad to see BMW making their customers happy. Why can't they just swap out the seats for you to have red? 2 hours labor, max. Really?
Because its not just the the front seats... Its the front / rear seats, as well as the front and rear doors.
      07-13-2011, 11:39 PM   #120
swaite
High School Dropout
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2008 135i

Quote:
Because its not just the the front seats... Its the front / rear seats, as well as the front and rear doors.
No kiddin, huh? I took that into account when I estimated the times. Even if it took an extra five hours (no way in hell) it seems like this would be an obvious solution to the problem. Have you not asked if this is a possibility?
      07-14-2011, 01:36 AM   #121
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by swaite View Post
No kiddin, huh? I took that into account when I estimated the times. Even if it took an extra five hours (no way in hell) it seems like this would be an obvious solution to the problem. Have you not asked if this is a possibility?
I am dead serious! haha At this particular stage, I am just trying to get them to pin down a vehicle. I was informed by my salesman that bmw corporate and the sales manager have been exchanging emails to get the specifics nailed down.
      07-14-2011, 12:50 PM   #122
rogm
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 135I

Dude, I am happy BMW is replacing the car for you!
I think at this point I would be happy with black as long it has more features over what you had. I the other poster said, i would ask to swap the seats!!
TELL THEM TO ORDER YOU A NEW ONE!!!!!
Appreciate 0
      07-15-2011, 03:40 AM   #123
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by rogm View Post
Dude, I am happy BMW is replacing the car for you!
I think at this point I would be happy with black as long it has more features over what you had. I the other poster said, i would ask to swap the seats!!
TELL THEM TO ORDER YOU A NEW ONE!!!!!
Thanks. bmw so far has taken the necessary steps to correct this issue and right a customer. However, I will keep my praise until everything is done and I am back in a 135i, or my 50k check is returned.

I'm leaning towards a space grey / savanna beige, or black saphire / blk boston leather at this moment. Keep posted!
      07-15-2011, 08:59 AM   #124
KinoBoom
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 M2

Quote:
Thanks. bmw so far has taken the necessary steps to correct this issue and right a customer. However, I will keep my praise until everything is done and I am back in a 135i, or my 50k check is returned.

I'm leaning towards a space grey / savanna beige, or black saphire / blk boston leather at this moment. Keep posted!
Even though I love a black interior, I think a space gray 1 looks awesome! you can't lose either way with the two options you have. I stopped buying black cars a few years ago because they were so hard to keep clean but when you cleaned them they looked very good... for about 10 min
Good luck and see you in a 1er soon.
      07-15-2011, 03:30 PM   #125
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by KinoBoom View Post
Even though I love a black interior, I think a space gray 1 looks awesome! you can't lose either way with the two options you have. I stopped buying black cars a few years ago because they were so hard to keep clean but when you cleaned them they looked very good... for about 10 min
Good luck and see you in a 1er soon.
Going to go with space grey and black interior... Trying to get bmw to swap the interior trim to aluminum, or provide credit with bmw parts so I can pick up the carbon fiber performance trims pieces. Keep posted, and thanks for all the kinds words.
      07-18-2011, 02:54 PM   #126
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

UPDATE

Spoke with BMW corporate NA. Apparently, they are still trying to sort things out with the dealership, however the authorization has not been granted to the dealership from BMW yet... 2 weeks in at this point.

My salesman informed me that all they need is an email from the manager of bmw corporate who is handling the case. We already checked and located 2 cars which would have similar build options.

I asked for the corporate manager's name involved and bmw and they refused to give out that information. I'm asking for all details to be sent by email at this point. It's getting a bit, "He said, she said."

Maybe I should ask for a 2013 vehicle the way this is going?
      07-21-2011, 02:56 AM   #127
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
UPDATE

Spoke with BMW corporate NA. Apparently, they are still trying to sort things out with the dealership, however the authorization has not been granted to the dealership from BMW yet... 2 weeks in at this point.

My salesman informed me that all they need is an email from the manager of bmw corporate who is handling the case. We already checked and located 2 cars which would have similar build options.

I asked for the corporate manager's name involved and bmw and they refused to give out that information. I'm asking for all details to be sent by email at this point. It's getting a bit, "He said, she said."

Maybe I should ask for a 2013 vehicle the way this is going?
Well, it was an interesting day... Spoke to the general manager at the dealership and they informed me that they were waiting for BMW to give the ok. I informed him of 2 cars, one of which was available for immediate shipping, and the other one arriving in 2 weeks.

At this stage, bmw is saying one thing, the dealership is saying another. I went ahead and sent an email to both parties asking to have a set date for delivery of vehicle and what both parties need to do at this stage to get the customer in a car... that would be me.

Keep posted, I have a bad feeling this is going to be delayed further.

Last edited by MD Designs; 07-21-2011 at 03:06 AM..
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 05:37 AM   #128
Dackelone
European Editor
Germany
Rep
Drives: N54 e82

Quote:
Keep posted, I have a bad feeling this is going to be delayed further.

It might be time to consult a (lemon) lawer. I hate to say that but... you don't want to be bounced around while you start to make payments for a car you can't even drive at this point.

Good Luck.
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 06:44 PM   #129
MD Designs
car enthusiast
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Dackelone View Post
It might be time to consult a (lemon) lawer. I hate to say that but... you don't want to be bounced around while you start to make payments for a car you can't even drive at this point.

Good Luck.
Things seem to be progressing since the email was sent to all parities involved. Received an email from BMW NA corporate saying they already approved the exchange.

BMW NA sent an email response to my email to the dealership asking when the car is expected. Dealership responded asking if I was ok with the vehicle. I responded again with my approval. With all parties included on a single email it seems things are progressing finally.

Keep posted, and you may want to grab a bag of popcorn for tomorrow.
      07-21-2011, 06:58 PM   #130
Cuz5150
Major
Rep
Drives: 06-M3ZHP/04-M3 Vert/02Duc998

Sits front row and <reaches for popcorn>

Good luck
06-M3 Coupe-Mystic/Black/6MT/ZCP/Xenon/HK/
09-135i- AW/Bk-Lette/6MT/M-pac/Nav/Hi-Fi/Usb-Ipod/SOLD
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 07:26 PM   #131
VividRacingSale
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW E46 Coupe

Good to hear the BMW is taking care of the issue. Why not just put a new engine in the car?
Appreciate 0
      07-21-2011, 09:00 PM   #132
ken1137
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW S1000XR

Garage List
2009 e90 335i  [6.40]
Quote:
Originally Posted by VividRacingSale View Post
Good to hear the BMW is taking care of the issue. Why not just put a new engine in the car?
I 2nd that...since you had all your preferred options. New engine is typical course of action under these circumstances.
Appreciate 0