BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

11-16-2007, 07:14 PM   #177
phattbam
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '17 Protonic Blue i3 REx

flat out.. if you're still interested great. if you've been discouraged great. it's still your choice to buy or not to buy. European cars were never inexpensive to begin with. I'm not knocking on VW but those would be least expensive on the Euro's list.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 08:12 PM   #178
Alphaking
Rep
Drives: 2006 G35 Coupe

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewhouseEnt View Post
I agree. Anyone going to a G35 because of price is in my opinion, a weenie. Infinity? Jeez. I won't go into the myriad of reasons for this opinion, but I myself have said the same comment as your friend over the years.

Friend/ Family member "I could have a Honda V6 with money left over... blah.. blah... blah." Yes pal, and at the end of the day, when you're tucked cozily in your bed at night, you'll still know you have a Honda/Infinity/Whatever, and not a German Sports car.
Do you stroke yourself at night because you own a BMW. I test drove a 330 ZHP and a 330 coupe and still chose a G35. A G35 is a perfect balance of sport and luxury, just a little heavy. Have you seen my interior versus yours? If you make fund of brands at this level, you have a small rooster. Your girlfriend should be embarrased of you, I bet you have a BMW hat. And yes, I sleep very good at night! Atleast a G37 looks like a 40k car, a 135 looks like a shrinked poor mans bmw. The motor almost made me want one. What's the long term prospectus of a motor who's oil temperature runs so hot? Most girls do not like limp mode.
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 08:58 PM   #179
1ster
Large Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by Alphaking View Post
Do you stroke yourself at night because you own a BMW. I test drove a 330 ZHP and a 330 coupe and still chose a G35. Have you seen my interior versus yours? If you make fund of brands at this level, you have a small rooster. Your girlfriend should be embarrased of you, I bet you have a BMW hat. And yes, I sleep very good at night! Atleast a G37 looks like a 40k car, a 135 looks like a shrinked poor mans bmw. The motor almost made me want one. What's the long term prospectus of a motor who's oil temperature runs so hot? Most girls do not like limp mode.
Awesome post! Awesome user name! "A shrinked poor mans bmw". You can't make that shit up. :headbang:
Appreciate 0
      11-16-2007, 10:12 PM   #180
searay6777
Rep
Drives:

Tell me this is fake

I already responded in an other thread. Compare this to op as i am not impressed....wood trim is no longer N/C so I must get Premium and the price is up $300 overall on the pack.

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/attac...2&d=1195250986
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 12:28 AM   #181
themossman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Do you stroke yourself at night because you own a BMW. I test drove a 330 ZHP and a 330 coupe and still chose a G35. A G35 is a perfect balance of sport and luxury, just a little heavy. Have you seen my interior versus yours? If you make fund of brands at this level, you have a small rooster. Your girlfriend should be embarrased of you, I bet you have a BMW hat. And yes, I sleep very good at night! Atleast a G37 looks like a 40k car, a 135 looks like a shrinked poor mans bmw. The motor almost made me want one. What's the long term prospectus of a motor who's oil temperature runs so hot? Most girls do not like limp mode.
Guess what? I wanted a 350Z, drove several, but I needed a back seat. I was convinced that the G35 would fit the bill. Boy was I wrong. What a soft car that thing is...completely divorces you from the 'feeling' of a sports car. If you want 'soft' and 'luxurious'...yeah...get the G35...and you can park right next to the rest of the Moms at the grocery store. BTW, I wound up buying an E46 M3 instead...so I do have the G35 to thank for convincing me to up the ante and get an outstanding vehicle.

I don't have a bmw hat, but I bet you wear your ass for a hat.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 08:16 AM   #182
xspeedy
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Originally Posted by adc View Post
And also importantly, fixed not floating calipers - which typically provide better feel.

But then again, unless you track your car, I doubt it will make much difference. I find the 335 brakes are overkill on the street...

But all these are to a lesser degree than the 335. It won't be worse, it will be better than the 335 in this regard. All these are relative, depending on what you compare them against. Just wait and check out for yourself...

$500 should not dissuade you from buying either car - it really is a drop in the bucket at around $40,000...

True, it may be slightly better than the 335i, but I'm sure this is no M car. We'll just have to wait and see once we get some serious reviews. The $500 doesn't sound like a big deal, but I do annual EDs, so it is more significant that it seems ($500 savings over the delta between trade and new car purchase price).
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 10:18 AM   #183
amdmaxx
My gift Registry: M2
United_States
Rep
Drives: Future Mowner of Monster

Ipod adapter costs most than iPhone/Ipod Touch/nano...
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 10:43 AM   #184
Smokey
Lucky Lefty
Rep
Drives: on twisty roads

Garage List
2019 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2017 Porsche Macan GTS  [8.00]
2011 M3  [10.00]
2013 bmw F25 msport  [10.00]
2011 335iS  [9.60]
Quote:
If you're so passionate about your G, then what are you doing on this board? Your post seems to suggest that you are scared to death of the 135i. I would not waste my time posting anything on a site for infiniti cause I have no interest in it, but thanks for your unsolicited opinion.

The Power of M
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 11:11 AM   #185
Alphaking
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by themossman View Post
Guess what? I wanted a 350Z, drove several, but I needed a back seat. I was convinced that the G35 would fit the bill. Boy was I wrong. What a soft car that thing is...completely divorces you from the 'feeling' of a sports car. If you want 'soft' and 'luxurious'...yeah...get the G35...and you can park right next to the rest of the Moms at the grocery store. BTW, I wound up buying an E46 M3 instead...so I do have the G35 to thank for convincing me to up the ante and get an outstanding vehicle.

I don't have a bmw hat, but I bet you wear your ass for a hat.
Here is what a "soft" car can do, my worst finish of the year, and I am all stock. I am #9.

http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/2007/event6_class.html

Or my 5th place finish.

http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/2007/event2_class.html

Notice how many BMW's way below me (especially the M3), this is a very competitive class. I know a BMW handles a little better, but my car holds its own, especially in the group of cars I compete against. I did not come here to dis BMW's, however, when a guy makes a general statement about infinitis and hondas that is very ignorant and elitist, I had to respond. You are probably a typical driver that doesn't even know the limits of his own car.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 11:14 AM   #186
Alphaking
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Smokey View Post
If you're so passionate about your G, then what are you doing on this board? Your post seems to suggest that you are scared to death of the 135i. I would not waste my time posting anything on a site for infiniti cause I have no interest in it, but thanks for your unsolicited opinion.
I do love my car, but I am always willing to upgrade, I am not married to my car, just my wife. Infiniti, or no brand in that manner, is paying me to be loyal. When I shop for a car, I go for the best overall package in my price range, that allows me to have unbiased opinions. If the Hyundai Genisis ends up being a great car for an awesome price, I could end up owning a hyundai (yikes).
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 12:30 PM   #187
MastaMind
I like beer
Rep
Drives: AW 135

Quote:
I’ve always liked the G35 and would’ve considered the new G37 if it hadn’t increased in weight as much as it did. The interior of the G37 has, however, improved dramatically.

However, I’m unclear as to why you felt the need to call the 135i “a shrinked poor mans bmw” in response to what you felt was an attack on your car. Looks are subjective, and, honestly, hypocrisy is not the way to argue your perspective.

Some of us are looking at the 135 because of its smaller size and increased performance potential opposed to other vehicles in the same price range, and that includes the G. Personally, I couldn’t care less about brand, I’m only interested in what fulfills my performance needs, and it appears that the 135 will do just so.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 12:32 PM   #188
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: none

;
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 01:01 PM   #189
Fast Kiwi
First Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Si Z4R & Si X3

I own a 35th ann 350z and i can tell you i love the car.. However, i have to admit it's not really some thing i would compare closely.. My car was $40k new with all its options and yet i still dont think you can compare the two.. The BMW is of much better quality and with the new performance its crazy fast. plus a lux car with $0 for up keep.. a bargin no less. i dont hate on other peoples "prides and joy" coz id hate for some one to tell me my car stinks but i just think there is a difference between a jap sports car and a lux sports coupe from europe..
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 02:02 PM   #190
Smokey
Lucky Lefty
Rep
Drives: on twisty roads

Garage List
2019 BMW M2 Comp  [0.00]
2017 Porsche Macan GTS  [8.00]
2011 M3  [10.00]
2013 bmw F25 msport  [10.00]
2011 335iS  [9.60]
Quote:
I do love my car, but I am always willing to upgrade, I am not married to my car, just my wife. Infiniti, or no brand in that manner, is paying me to be loyal. When I shop for a car, I go for the best overall package in my price range, that allows me to have unbiased opinions. If the Hyundai Genisis ends up being a great car for an awesome price, I could end up owning a hyundai (yikes).
It's good to know that you love your G, but is that justification for resorting to personal attacks on those interested in the 135i? You stated in one of your posts that anyone who makes fun of a brand has a small rooster and the person's girlfriend should be embarassed, but you then proceeded to make fun of the 135i by calling it the poor man's bmw, so does that mean you have a small rooster and your wife should be ashamed of you? :iono: Am just curious.

The Power of M
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 03:06 PM   #191
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
I do love my car, but I am always willing to upgrade, I am not married to my car, just my wife.
Hey, don't knock out the possibility of an upgrade in that respect either... like you suggest, it's best to keep an open mind. :tongue:

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 03:07 PM   #192
Alphaking
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by NewhouseEnt View Post
No one is being an Elitist, it s a general consensus that (now that you've lit everyone off by being on our board,) Infinity's are soft, weak looking *** cars that you only see one type of driver owning; Women for one. The other being soft bellied piss ants that if punched in the stomach in a bar, would curl up in a ball and scream "stop it!" in a shrill voice. Response: I see more women in BMWs! Good point here too. Also, I think you would curl up like a pussy if I punched you in the stomach.

BMW's are serious sports enthusiast machines for the average Joe. Infinity's are for those that can't handle anything harder than a wine cooler, and whom wet themselves if the TV is too loud. Response "the average joe can't afford a BMW". Wrong here.

Why are you on this board anyway? In all of your statements you lost about 1000 percent credibility just by writing a single sentence. Response "I was considering this car due to the stated performance" . After seeing the pictures at the auto show, it changed my mind, still think is looks odd. I am sure it will be a great car, just not for me. I was wrong to make fun of it.

Elitist? Now... you're ON A 135i FORUM making fun of the VERY car that the forum is about?!! See above.

You're the type commonly referred to in Prisons as a "bitch." One that they sell for cigarettes.... Response: Good 1! My feelings are hurt, you have been lit up on all the other forums. No one likes you, and they probably don't like me now either. I, on the otherhand, will move on.

I've owned everything from Viper ACR's, every S Class model, and all sorts of other machines including about every AMG model and BMW they make. You're comments are off topic and make you sound like the little panty-warmer-wearing-weenie that you are. Response: Good for you!! Stroke your self again.

The drag times have... oh jeez... USE SEARCH. They're established, not fictional opinions. You obviously filter out anything that doesn't go with your own narrow thoughts.
Response "Who gives a flying fu%$ about drag times? Is anyone here buying a 135 for the dragstrip? I think not, idiot. Zero to 60 is nice, but autocross and track is where its at" You obviously try to prove you worth drag racing people on the street. That would make you a loser!

I have opinions as you like to quote links. Like my initial M3 posts, I recanted, responsibly and publicly, after what is called... CHANGING my mind. (The adult thing one does after further research and thought.) Response: Why would you post anything with doing research and thought? Because you are smart?

Honda awaits you with their new CR-Z... No comment, didn't know they made one.

By the way, I HAVE a Hyundai, the new Veracruz Limited. I'm not loyal, obviously, to anything. If it’s a quality product, it gets consideration. It's a fantastic machine. EXCELLENT!

Maybe the Infinity and Honda boards tired of you and banned you? Now go find you're bottle of warm milk and stop posting on this board.
Response: Why would I be on the Honda boards? I did own an S2000 before my G, I am sure that is a bitch car too, right? Again, you are an idiot.

I will no longer post here, sorry for putting most of you through this, although this was somewhat entertaining.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 03:08 PM   #193
adc
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2018 F80 M3 ED

Quote:
Originally Posted by xspeedy View Post
The $500 doesn't sound like a big deal, but I do annual EDs, so it is more significant that it seems ($500 savings over the delta between trade and new car purchase price).
Well in that case, allow me to declare my supreme and undying envy, and to not shed any tear over the $500 you might loose. :biggrin:

2018 F80 Santorini
2019 Z4 3.0i
2022 X2 M35i
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 03:32 PM   #194
BForbes
Bahamas
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i/AW E90 M3

Quote:
Originally Posted by robert View Post
GUYS PLEASE IGNORE NEWHOUSEENT. He is a raving crack head. He has been throwing tantrum on M3post and here before.

He freaked out and blew new M3 out of the water right after the press release in July.

As seen here:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=70971

Then he had to apologize:

http://www.m3post.com/forums/showthread.php?t=72869

"You see, I have been ranting about the disappointing M3 reviews and I believe, I even referred to it as a piece of sh*t….. I did leave “wiggle” room by saying numerous times, I hoped I would be proven wrong, and that I hoped that I would ending up eating sh*t later on when more judicious tests were run.

Enough tests have been run, and in the mean time I have been studying the Audi and C63 hard…. The tests have made me into a raving imbecile. Meaning, I was wrong!

Sorry, I was fu**ing WRONG! God bless my tortured soul!! Forgive me people… "

Then he became extremely depressed in Sept with the 135i:

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showthread.php?t=1286
Haha, niice. I wish Alphadog and Newhouse would just go somewhere else with this shit. They have 1 thing in common, they obviously do not like the 1series.
      11-17-2007, 03:34 PM   #195
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by Fast kiwi View Post
I own a 35th ann 350z and i can tell you i love the car.. However, i have to admit it's not really some thing i would compare closely.. My car was $40k new with all its options and yet i still dont think you can compare the two.. The BMW is of much better quality and with the new performance its crazy fast. plus a lux car with $0 for up keep.. a bargin no less. i dont hate on other peoples "prides and joy" coz id hate for some one to tell me my car stinks but i just think there is a difference between a jap sports car and a lux sports coupe from europe..
:respekt::thumbup:
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 03:37 PM   #196
NewhouseEnt
Second Lieutenant
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by onehots2k View Post
Haha, niice. I wish Alphadog and Newhouse would just go somewhere else with this shit. They have 1 thing in common, they obviously do not like the 1series.
Nooooooooo. That is simply not true. I think it's a dynamite ride and I'm glad they're producing it.

The grip like so many have stated, is that the options just kill it. I really wanted this thing in my driveway. But for $45,000 after it's nicely equipped? That is utterly insane.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 05:41 PM   #197
themossman
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Here is what a "soft" car can do, my worst finish of the year, and I am all stock. I am #9.

http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/2007/event6_class.html

Or my 5th place finish.

http://www.scca-chicago.com/solo/2007/event2_class.html

Notice how many BMW's way below me (especially the M3), this is a very competitive class. I know a BMW handles a little better, but my car holds its own, especially in the group of cars I compete against. I did not come here to dis BMW's, however, when a guy makes a general statement about infinitis and hondas that is very ignorant and elitist, I had to respond. You are probably a typical driver that doesn't even know the limits of his own car.
Good to see your making judgments about me and you don't even know a thing about me. Nice. Really speaks to your personality and allows us all to weigh the validity of your posts and opinions.

In regards to you finishing in front of M3's...congrats, do you really expect me to use the results of amateur drivers to weigh the performance of the two cars?

And finally, about not posting anymore...great, because all you've done to this point is completely waste peoples time.

Now, go park next to all the other Mom's at the grocery store..we're tired of listening to you attempt to justify your poor purchase decision.
Appreciate 0
      11-17-2007, 08:48 PM   #198
theslik1
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: Lexus IS-F

While we're all feeling the love for Infiniti here :smile:, we can thank them directly for BMW's N54 engine. Horsepower wars are a wonderful thing...
Appreciate 0