BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

Closed Thread

04-04-2009, 01:53 PM   #177
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep
Drives: 135i

Quote:
Originally Posted by dcafs View Post
Riss:

I will never ever purchase another one of your products!

That's based on 2 things.

1) The poor fitment of your oil catch can rubbing up against the positive battery post, plus a torn o-ring.

2) The way you are engaging in this thread as damage control to prevent lost sales.

The wise thing to do would have been to accept that some customers are going to have negative experiences with anyone's products, and to simply refund their purchase.

My concern here is that by engaging in a damage control campaign against a disgruntled customer......that disgruntled customer could be me someday and in fact was.

I just didn't think it was worth fighting over an o-ring and badly fitting bracket, but I have not forgotten.

This behaviour of yours on a public forum is deplorable and only serves to reinforce my decision not to purchase your products.

Congratulations!

You should pat yourself on the back for driving away potential customers not just from the OP's comments in this thread, but your own.

People tend to remember their few negative experiences more than they do the many positive ones.
Congratulations! You've made yourself look like an idiot by spouting off without even reading all the information presented to you.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 02:12 PM   #178
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Quote:
Originally Posted by InsaneSkippy View Post
Congratulations! You've made yourself look like an idiot by spouting off without even reading all the information presented to you.
You are very much sane Skippy, and you're dead on correct!

What a bonehead post!
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 03:08 PM   #179
Chewyjr15
1 addict and proud!
Rep
Drives: jb 135 on order

Anthony im coming in on thursday id let you guys test fit his products on my car.

btw its Joey
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 05:22 PM   #180
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Evo

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by #1 View Post
You are very much sane Skippy, and you're dead on correct!

What a bonehead post!
Either of you care to explain why dcafs is an "idiot" and a "bonehead"?

Also it's great to see members bashing other members, it really adds to the "community" feeling.
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 05:23 PM   #181
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:
Originally Posted by Chewyjr15 View Post
Anthony im coming in on thursday id let you guys test fit his products on my car.

btw its Joey
Whats up Joey looking forward to finally meeting you
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 08:27 PM   #182
dcafs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
Read every word!
Have a good look in the mirror because that label fits you perfectly.

Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 08:46 PM   #183
adrean8j
Brigadier General
No_Country
Rep
Drives: SGM 135I

Garage List
2008 135i  [10.00]
Quote:
Read every word!

Including the other threads? Of every "problem"?
Appreciate 0
      04-04-2009, 09:15 PM   #184
1013mm
aka 1013MM
Hong Kong
Rep
Drives: pokingly flush

Garage List
2009 135i  [8.26]
please close thread. its getting derailed.
      04-04-2009, 09:59 PM   #185
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
1) The poor fitment of your oil catch can rubbing up against the positive battery post, plus a torn o-ring.
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ch#post4799366

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ighlight=Catch

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/o...r/DSC00829.jpg

None of these people had problems...

Quote:
2) The way you are engaging in this thread as damage control to prevent lost sales.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss Racing View Post
We have tried to settle this through PM's / emails / phone calls. He is the one starting this post and keeping this going. We were told by a moderator to address this. We were staying out of it until that happened. Thank you!
Quote:
The wise thing to do would have been to accept that some customers are going to have negative experiences with anyone's products, and to simply refund their purchase.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Riss Racing View Post
In regards too the install it was as simple as moving the hanger. Then turning the downpipes to line up. We will be doing it will your full catted, and exhaust. Half your refund was already issued after you sent back the exhaust. Your catted downpipes just arrived yesterday. The remainder will be issued after we inspect the products, and process it. As I advised you yeterday in email.

We are refunding your exhaust/catted downpipes that are fully damaged. In full. This is agaisnt our posted return policy. However, we will still be giving you a full refund.

There you go...I made it easy for you.

It only took five minutes to make that post, including looking up the information. It's not hard, I promise.

Oh and I almost forgot:

Last edited by InsaneSkippy; 04-04-2009 at 11:47 PM..
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 12:52 AM   #186
rcracer_tx
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: BSM 135i

^ HAHA, that was an epic burn
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 02:10 AM   #187
KeithLM
Proud 1er
No_Country
Rep
Drives: Crimson/Coral 135i

First off I want to say that I have not read any comments in this thread since Friday evening shortly after I made my last post. I don't really feel like reading it now either, so perhaps late Sunday I'll return to it. I have not received any PMs from mods or anyone else regarding my sig. I was told by a friend who had briefly looked over the thread that he was under the impression Riss had changed their tone somewhat. So based on that I altered my sig this afternoon. I felt it best to change the sig in case they have changed their tone towards me and have reread my posts regarding the leaking oil and issues with the DDV and recognize that I never said the downpipes cause the oil leak nor did I ever confuse any issues with the DDV and downpipes. If that is in fact not the case, then I may consider further updates to the sig. But until I see otherwise it will remain as is.

Also, I have not had any contact with Riss Racing aside from the exchanges in this thread since the other day. Nor have I received notification of a refund as of this time. If they have made any further statements regarding the status of the refund for the downpipes since Friday (4/3/09) afternoon I am not aware of them. I believe I saw a post on Friday telling me to shut up since I have received my refund, but I have not, however I am not at this time trying to make any claim that Riss is not intending to issue the refund. For now I will no longer mention the refund unless I do not hear from them by the close of business on 4/6/09 with some update on that.

Today I took the car to Stett to have the O2 sensor replaced. This turned out to be worse than I had expected as both O2 sensors were damaged, the second was only throwing intermittent codes according to Stett so was not seen initially.

As can be seen in this picture and the others here there is significant deformation in the sensor bodies. These dents are only on one side of each sensor, and match where the two sensors were meeting when they were installed in the downpipes. Stett's assessment, and one that I agree with, is that thermal expansion in the pipes and/or sensors caused them to press against each other and thus resulted in the visible damage. It's also possible that while they were not touching when Stett installed the pipes, that the pipes may have been moved enough to put the sensors in contact with whenever when either the Riss or stock exhaust was mounted.

Now just because there is visible damage to that outside that is not conclusive to there not being other damage to the sensor ends that might have occurred during installation. However the visible damage is certainly an indicator of what may have happened, especially since when COBB checked the car while it was still hot after the downpipes were installed and it appeared to them and myself that the sensors were at that time making some contact. Obviously I don't have knowledge of the metals used, nor the temperature reached and what the thermal properties are so I can't determine how much pressure was required to make those dents.

As I now have the sensors I will gladly pay to ship them to Riss or an independent third party to examine them further. I don't know if there is any way to conclusively determine the exact point of failure, but all the same I believe that anyone that looks closely will determine that the visible damage did not occur from dropping, banging against something, or being grabbed incorrectly by a wrench or pliers.

If Riss is interested in this, they will need to contact me via PM or e-mail as I will probably stay away from this thread for some time. Also a phone call will likely turn heated quite quickly in my current state.

As of now I'm in the hole for over $1500 in labor and parts for the multiple downpipes swaps, O2 sim install, two attempts to install the exhaust, fixing the turbo inlet, and replacing the two O2 sensors. I'm sure many of you will take great joy in that. Please note that at no time did I incur any labor charges for the DDV or intake.

I've recently moved my photos to Google's web albums. Photos can be found here, here, and here.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 03:03 AM   #188
ichiban
Colonel
Rep
Drives: 08 135i

damn, i'm sorry for your loss and all the labor costs. Best of luck in communicating with Riss, and i hope things work out for the best.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 08:50 AM   #189
dcafs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ch#post4799366

http://www.1addicts.com/forums/showt...ighlight=Catch

http://i372.photobucket.com/albums/o...r/DSC00829.jpg

None of these people had problems...

There you go...I made it easy for you.

It only took five minutes to make that post, including looking up the information. It's not hard, I promise.

So what?

You are not an authority on anyone else's experiences to pretend there are all only positive.

I have no idea why you keep targeting me.......

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 09:05 AM   #190
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
So what?

You are not an authority on anyone else's experiences to pretend there are all only positive.

I have no idea why you keep targeting me.......
You came in here talking pure crap because you hadn't read the thread. You made an assumption based on about 20% of the information.

I called you out on it, you got defensive, I proved my point. WITH FACTS AND PREVIOUS INFORMATION ALREADY AVAILABLE.

I'm awaiting your counterpoint..

oh and LOL @ using pictures that have no relevancy just so you think you got a jab in at me...Nice try but I'm much more curious to see if you can provide a valid point, because I'm yet to see it.

Now if you'll excuse me my girlfriend and I have a date with an air compressor...

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 09:14 AM   #191
ORIGIN M.
Banned
Rep
Drives: ///M

Not trying to offend you, but sometimes you got to read first. So I retract the BH comment, because you have a point.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evolved View Post
Either of you care to explain why dcafs is an "idiot" and a "bonehead"?

Also it's great to see members bashing other members, it really adds to the "community" feeling.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 10:13 AM   #192
dcafs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
You came in here talking pure crap because you hadn't read the thread. You made an assumption based on about 20% of the information.

I called you out on it, you got defensive, I proved my point. WITH FACTS AND PREVIOUS INFORMATION ALREADY AVAILABLE.

oh and LOL @ using pictures that have no relevancy just so you think you got a jab in at me...Nice try but I'm much more curious to see if you can provide a valid point, because I'm yet to see it.

Now if you'll excuse me my girlfriend and I have a date with an air compressor...
Who cares?

Your facts are simply a few selected one-sided testimonials.....that you yourself admit you spent less than 5 mintues researching. Hardly qualifies as empirical data.

I can see that it is difficult for you to accept the reality that someone may have an experience or opinion that differs from yours.

I can see that this is painful for you to accept.

Unfortunately, this is indicative of a character disorder in that it is an avoidance of reality.

You may want to ask yourself why it offends you so much that when someone doesn't have the same viewpoint as you, why you so adamantly defend your one-sided perspective. Perhaps you should ask your girlfriend as I am sure she sees this behaviour in your character frequently.

This is a public forum where opinion's are freely expressed.

I have one, and I expressed it appropriately and factually based on my own experience and not someone elses infomercial. If that bothers you to the point of becoming condescending and offensive, then you really need to take a hard look at why this creates so much conflict for you.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 10:20 AM   #193
dcafs
Private First Class
Rep
Drives:

Quote:
.Nice try but I'm much more curious to see if you can provide a valid point, because I'm yet to see it.

Bingo.....people who distort reality only see what supports their distorted view of the world.

I can see clearly that you missed my two previous points on the poor quality control that Riss displays on occasion, so obviously you need to heed your own advice and read my previous post.

You can't see your own faults, you simply project them onto others as a way of propping yourself up.

Enjoy the rest of your day.....I certainly will in spite of your ill intent.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 10:45 AM   #194
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
Who cares?

Your facts are simply a few selected one-sided testimonials.....that you yourself admit you spent less than 5 mintues researching. Hardly qualifies as empirical data.
And you not reading the thread and presenting false information is what form of research? You post up claims that are directly false, all the info to prove you wrong is in the same thread. It's not my fault you didn't read the whole thing before spouting off.
Quote:
I can see that it is difficult for you to accept the reality that someone may have an experience or opinion that differs from yours.
It seems pretty difficult for yourself as you keep reiterating the same crap with has no validity, the only thing you've posted is opinions, I've posted responses from people (things other readers trying to form their own opinion can validate for themselves)
Quote:
I can see that this is painful for you to accept.
Yup, ignorance is one of my pet peeves.

And when you're given information that directly prooves you wrong and you continue to try, I'd say it's pretty painful for you as well.
Quote:
Unfortunately, this is indicative of a character disorder in that it is an avoidance of reality.
Just like disregarding proof that speaks DIRECTLY OPPOSITE of what you're saying. Seems like someone has a serious case of denial...

Quote:
This is a public forum where opinion's are freely expressed.
Opinions are great and everything but I'm talking INFORMATION. You made false claims, I SHOWED YOU THE PROOF that you were wrong, yet you cannot seem to grasp it. That's ok though, I expected it.
Quote:
I have one, and I expressed it appropriately and factually based on my own experience and not someone elses infomercial. If that bothers you to the point of becoming condescending and offensive, then you really need to take a hard look at why this creates so much conflict for you.
The only "fact" you've shown here is that you're unable to accept a counterpoint when evidence is given to you.

You haven't addressed any of the issues in your first post which I've corrected you on. The only thing you've done since then is try to attack me, but with no facts. That's ok though, I think you like looking uninformed. Try going after the topic, not me...oh wait you have nothing of substance to use to back your claims...

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 10:47 AM   #195
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:

You do realize that dcafs has bought products from RR and he also had issues with their products, right?

dcafs is just reporting his experience, I don't see how you can bash him for that. Any other thread is irrelevant as that is not this posters personal experience.

For you to sit here and be completely dismissive of his own first hand account is ridiculous. You want to give credit to those who posted positive threads but you don't show the same respect to those you had issues.

Weather you like it or not that was dcafs own account of dealing with RR and he has every right to post about it.
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 10:52 AM   #196
InsaneSkippy
Lieutenant Colonel
Rep

Quote:
You do realize that dcafs has bought products from RR and he also had issues with their products, right?

dcafs is just reporting his experience, I don't see how you can bash him for that. Any other thread is irrelevant as that is not this posters personal experience.

For you to sit here and be completely dismissive of his own first hand account is ridiculous. You want to give credit to those who posted positive threads but you don't show the same respect to those you had issues.

Weather you like it or not that was dcafs own account of dealing with RR and he has every right to post about it.
I very much realize he has purchased products from them. Do you realize RR has sold to THOUSANDS of customers and there have been maybe 5 complaints I've seen on this forum

Tell me, have you seen a company that's never made a mistake with a product, or had a bad shipment?

The bottom line is..

Riss Racing sent out "bad" parts, they did everything they could to handle the matter privately, but Keith and others come on here trying to smear the company not even listening to reason when the company tries to help.

They refunded him the FULL amount even though the parts they got back were damaged. Show me another company on here that has gone that far out of their way to make it right and I'll end this debate now.

Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 11:04 AM   #197
Evolved
Bad Lieutenant
No_Country
Rep

Quote:
I very much realize he has purchased products from them. Do you realize RR has sold to THOUSANDS of customers and there have been maybe 5 complaints I've seen on this forum

Tell me, have you seen a company that's never made a mistake with a product, or had a bad shipment?

The bottom line is..

Riss Racing sent out "bad" parts, they did everything they could to handle the matter privately, but Keith and others come on here trying to smear the company not even listening to reason when the company tries to help.

They refunded him the FULL amount even though the parts they got back were damaged. Show me another company on here that has gone that far out of their way to make it right and I'll end this debate now.
He has yet to receive a "FULL" refund.

"Not listening to reason"? Two pro shops, one of which being COBB who is international known, couldn't install the parts correctly. So you could see why Keith would think there is a problem with the parts.

Positive reviews are great and all but you judge a company by how they deal with adversity. Getting involved in a pissing match with someone on a message board is not the ideal way to handle things. I don't care if a mod told them to do so or not. All RR had to say was post "we have spoken to Keith and we've decided to allow him to return the parts and we will issue him a refund".
Appreciate 0
      04-05-2009, 02:48 PM   #198
Riss Racing
Banned
United_States
Rep
Drives: E60 M5/E92 335/HUMMER H2

Quote:
He has yet to receive a "FULL" refund.

"Not listening to reason"? Two pro shops, one of which being COBB who is international known, couldn't install the parts correctly. So you could see why Keith would think there is a problem with the parts.

Positive reviews are great and all but you judge a company by how they deal with adversity. Getting involved in a pissing match with someone on a message board is not the ideal way to handle things. I don't care if a mod told them to do so or not. All RR had to say was post "we have spoken to Keith and we've decided to allow him to return the parts and we will issue him a refund".
The same parts Cobb couldn't install, Stett was able to...All the parts were installed by us and posted.

We did say "we have spoke to keith and handled the situation. However Keith kept it going. We didn't respond until we were asked to by a moderator to "address the issue in full."
Appreciate 0
Closed Thread