BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-20-2011, 11:22 PM   #1981
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Originally Posted by NPVPositive View Post
According to BMW website you have to complete the Intensive course before you can do the M Dynamic course.
I have already done that though .
Appreciate 0
      09-20-2011, 11:41 PM   #1982
Dr Stig 2
Criminally Insane
Australia
Rep
Drives: Like a Demon!

Garage List
2010 BMW Z4 35is  [10.00]
2013 BMW X5 30d  [0.00]
Quote:
Originally Posted by sparoz View Post
I have already done that though .
But it is always fun to thrash someone elses car on a racetrack!

Dr Stig
2010 Z4 35is
2011 X3 30d M Sport
Australia
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 12:37 AM   #1983
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep
Drives: M3

[quote=NPVPositive;10457662]You will definitely get a free day. I received an email about two months after I got the 1M. See below:

thanks for that NPV, hopefully i get that email and i can forward it onto the customer relations at BMW head office.

these days are so overpriced i was keen to get one for free to see if they are any good as i would never pay this much for some driver training when a track day with instructors is 300 bucks and you can learn how to drive your own car without people looking over your shoulder.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 01:56 AM   #1984
RadiuM
Captain
Australia
Rep
Drives: 135i, 97 GTR VSpec

Over all the 1M posts it seems (to me) that most people have been buying the car in black or white and I haven't seen much love for the orange which I thought was a bit odd as I find black and white a tad boring. So, I asked BMW Australia on facebook what the stats were and here is the answer:

"The approx. percentage of BMW 1 Series M Coupé colours ordered locally are: 30% Valencia Orange, 25% Sapphire Black and 45% Alpine White."

interesting.
      09-21-2011, 02:01 AM   #1985
NPVPositive
Lieutenant
Australia
Rep
Drives: BMW 1M

1m Run-In Service

Looks like the Run-In service is going to be the "first battle ground" for 1M owners.

BMW Australia seems to have made a policy decision not to cover this cost. When I took my car in the SA commented that AS400 did not indicate whether the run-in was covered (as it is for M3 and M5) and he would have to check with BMW.

BMW Australia apparently said no, and the dealer's invoice was $733.

I indicated that I was going straight to BMW Aus with this and, to his credit, the dealer's service manager agreed to eat the cost as "a goodwill gesture."

I get the sense that BMW Australia is still feeling their way on this one, testing the waters to see if they can get away with it. We need to make it clear that it is totally unacceptable.

Clarkson on the 1M
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 05:16 AM   #1986
sparoz
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: VO 1///M; Macan Turbo

Quote:
Looks like the Run-In service is going to be the "first battle ground" for 1M owners.

BMW Australia seems to have made a policy decision not to cover this cost. When I took my car in the SA commented that AS400 did not indicate whether the run-in was covered (as it is for M3 and M5) and he would have to check with BMW.

I indicated that I was going straight to BMW Aus with this and, to his credit, the dealer's service manager agreed to eat the cost as "a goodwill gesture."

I get the sense that BMW Australia is still feeling their way on this one, testing the waters to see if they can get away with it. We need to make it clear that it is totally unacceptable.
PM you before I read the whole post, but $733 is way excessive to change oils.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 08:36 PM   #1987
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:

i know its a punch in the guts when you know already that us aussies pay 3 times what the yanks pay and 2 times what the poms pay for the same car and then get slugged for the 2000k RUN IN service, just wankers, i wish i didn't like thier product, thats the problem.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 08:45 PM   #1988
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Audi TTRS, M Coupe, 1299

The times they are a-changin'

The death knell for overpriced cars in Australia is already sounding. Sure, it will take a while for the corrections and it will mean the death of Falcons and Commodores, but bring it on.

Check out the 1Addicts Drag Racing Standings and Drag Racing 101.
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 10:46 PM   #1989
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep
Drives: Slowly & Responsibly

Quote:
Originally Posted by MrBlonde View Post
The times they are a-changin'

The death knell for overpriced cars in Australia is already sounding. Sure, it will take a while for the corrections and it will mean the death of Falcons and Commodores, but bring it on.
Is something actually happening MrBlonde? I know people are becoming a bit more aware, but are they actually going to do something about it?

The Falcon & Commodores are the most amazing pieces of machinery and their popularity has nothing to do with their relative cheapness and crappy plastics. We should in fact be trying to export them to USA and Germany so they can take their rightful place competing with Mustangs, Corvettes, BMW & Audi...
      09-21-2011, 11:11 PM   #1990
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
Is something actually happening MrBlonde? I know people are becoming a bit more aware, but are they actually going to do something about it?

The Falcon & Commodores are the most amazing pieces of machinery and their popularity has nothing to do with their relative cheapness and crappy plastics. We should in fact be trying to export them to USA and Germany so they can take their rightful place competing with Mustangs, Corvettes, BMW & Audi...
I'm a fan of Holdens and Fords as well. I think they make some great cars and to look past them is a bit ignorant. You always get what you pay for, and some of the top range local cars cost more than our entry level BMW's!

When you look at a Holden or Ford, you have to realise it's not trying to be a BMW or Mercedes, it's giving the Aussie's what they want and that's why they've always sold so well. When I see these new FPV's and HSV's coming out I can't help but sometimes.

I have bought the 135i for different reasons but completely understand the desire behind buying a car like that. Cars that make no sense to me are cars like the Chrysler PT Cruiser, I would go as far as saying that car is pure ratshit
Appreciate 0
      09-21-2011, 11:27 PM   #1991
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
I'm a fan of Holdens and Fords as well. I think they make some great cars and to look past them is a bit ignorant. You always get what you pay for, and some of the top range local cars cost more than our entry level BMW's!

When you look at a Holden or Ford, you have to realise it's not trying to be a BMW or Mercedes, it's giving the Aussie's what they want and that's why they've always sold so well. When I see these new FPV's and HSV's coming out I can't help but sometimes.

I have bought the 135i for different reasons but completely understand the desire behind buying a car like that. Cars that make no sense to me are cars like the Chrysler PT Cruiser, I would go as far as saying that car is pure ratshit
I was actually being a little sarcastic in my post. However, you definitely make a great point and I completely agree.

I fully understand why people like them, but also understand that they are not for my tastes.
      09-21-2011, 11:37 PM   #1992
BMW86
Major General
Australia
Rep
Drives: RS3 Sedan / Macan S

Quote:
Originally Posted by alik01 View Post
I was actually being a little sarcastic in my post. However, you definitely make a great point and I completely agree.

I fully understand why people like them, but also understand that they are not for my tastes.
Lol whoops. You should reserve judgement after you have experienced both, I'm not sure if you have already or not. I have seen HSV GTS's running mid 11s all day at the drags and the V8 sounds amazing. Very tough looking car as well. At the end of the day there's no replacement for displacement. Also hard to look past the XR6T, not everyones cup of tea I know, but you get an engine that's easily capable of 10 second ET's and they come STOCK standard with an LSD, something we'll never see in non-M BMW models.

I'm with you though, I bought my car for different reasons but to write off these cars is a big mistake. Also BMW's are nice cars but they're not exactly at the top of the heat when it comes to luxury either. The interiors of our 1 series are good enough for me but really it's nothing to brag about. Our engines and chasis on the other hand...
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 12:09 AM   #1993
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Ignorance abounds!

A C6 Corvette ... a Z06 can be had second hand 12 mnths old for say USD $35K in the USA. If you could buy a 12 month old Z06 here for around $30K there would be no HSVs sold within a year or two.

Holdens and Falcons are shit.

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 12:35 AM   #1994
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep

i don't think they are shit but they are expensive to make in australia, so they are protected massively, making everything else expensive. manufacturing is in its death throws here and i know cos i'm in manufacturing, and its mainly the cost of people and taxes, australian workers have to have thier 12% super, their 20 bucks an hour "cos i can get that in coles packin shelves mate" and then they can legally go on compo for whatever reason they want for as long as they want even if they have no injury. After these strikes at Toyota i think the Japs with pull out of australia pretty soon, thats unless the labor party thows them a tax payer funded billion dollars to stay and save some jobs.
things are changing, mr blonde is right, but not fast
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 12:48 AM   #1995
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW86 View Post
Lol whoops. You should reserve judgement after you have experienced both, I'm not sure if you have already or not. I have seen HSV GTS's running mid 11s all day at the drags and the V8 sounds amazing. Very tough looking car as well. At the end of the day there's no replacement for displacement. Also hard to look past the XR6T, not everyones cup of tea I know, but you get an engine that's easily capable of 10 second ET's and they come STOCK standard with an LSD, something we'll never see in non-M BMW models.

I'm with you though, I bought my car for different reasons but to write off these cars is a big mistake. Also BMW's are nice cars but they're not exactly at the top of the heat when it comes to luxury either. The interiors of our 1 series are good enough for me but really it's nothing to brag about. Our engines and chasis on the other hand...
I have actually driven quite a few FPVs and have always gotten out in a mighty hurry! They are great for what they are but have no subtlety and no soul or emotion to speak of.

Our cars have crappy interiors and some really questionable plastics but feel like RR's finest next to them.

I understand why they're there and what they represent. But for me they're protected status simply means any half decent car costs twice as much as anywhere else in the big blue and green.
      09-22-2011, 01:41 AM   #1996
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
Ignorance abounds!

A C6 Corvette ... a Z06 can be had second hand 12 mnths old for say USD $35K in the USA. If you could buy a 12 month old Z06 here for around $30K there would be no HSVs sold within a year or two.

Holdens and Falcons are shit.
Quote:
Originally Posted by beemer View Post
i don't think they are shit but they are expensive to make in australia, so they are protected massively, making everything else expensive. manufacturing is in its death throws here and i know cos i'm in manufacturing, and its mainly the cost of people and taxes, australian workers have to have thier 12% super, their 20 bucks an hour "cos i can get that in coles packin shelves mate" and then they can legally go on compo for whatever reason they want for as long as they want even if they have no injury. After these strikes at Toyota i think the Japs with pull out of australia pretty soon, thats unless the labor party thows them a tax payer funded billion dollars to stay and save some jobs.
things are changing, mr blonde is right, but not fast
The issue at hand is the protected status of these dinosaurs. As long as they continue to be manufactured in Australia, ridiculous taxes will be imposed on everything else. The car manufacturers then put another 15-20% on the sly...

I like how the industry is the exactly the opposite in the US of A, where the imports are made cheaper to compete with the locals and here the imports are made ridiculous to allow the locals a chance.
      09-22-2011, 01:44 AM   #1997
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

If you want motor vehicles at a comparable price to the rest of the first world, then Holdens and Falcons need to go. Fuck them off, tomororw is not soon enough.

The iconic cars like HK-HG Monaro and XW-XY-XA-XB Falcons are long gone. These cars have no soul any more. FUCK THEM OFF!

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 01:50 AM   #1998
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

Quote:
If you want motor vehicles at a comparable price to the rest of the first world, then Holdens and Falcons need to go. Fuck them off, tomororw is not soon enough.

The iconic cars like HK-HG Monaro and XW-XY-XA-XB Falcons are long gone. These cars have no soul any more. FUCK THEM OFF!
No secrets on you feel mate!
      09-22-2011, 01:58 AM   #1999
05C4R
Major
Australia
Rep

Quote:

ha ha i'll give you 50 bucks and a loud speaker if you go to the next ALP/union demonstation shouting that

unfortunately it will take decades to unwind this banana economy
Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 01:59 AM   #2000
MrBlonde
Colonel
Australia
Rep

Just need to get the Communist Party out of government.

Appreciate 0
      09-22-2011, 02:11 AM   #2001
alik01
Lieutenant Colonel
Australia
Rep

The others are just as useless.
      09-22-2011, 02:27 AM   #2002
Alpine*
Brigadier General
Australia
Rep
Drives: M2 G87

Quote:

FRIGGGGIN ROFL
Appreciate 0