BMW Garage BMW Meets Register Today's Posts

01-26-2012, 03:10 PM   #1
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

Happy 1200 miles service story at Peter Pan BMW

A little story you guys might appreciate, last week was the 1200 miles service for my car, so I drop it off in the morning, pick up a loaner (very nice of them to provide me with one!), then later in the afternoon get a call from the service manager.

The service guy besides changing the engine oil and diff oil thought the service also included changing the gearbox oil (hey it's a true M car after all! ), so he drained the gearbox ... and then realized they didn't have the right transmission oil in stock!

So I had to wait an extra 3 days to get the car back while they got the right fluid shipped from BMW NA on the east coast. They let me keep the loaner in the mean time and were like "we're sorry for the mistake! We won't charge you anything for this of course".

As you can imagine I told them that I was quite very happy for the "mistake" and perfectly content to wait a few more days for the car!

So thumbs up to Peter Pan BMW for a better than expected (if longer) first service experience!

Actually one of the service managers there went to find me and chat when I dropped the car to tell me that he also had a 1M (AW) that he bought from the dealership it was like "oh, you're #4 (on the waiting list), I was #2".

Nice people, nice service, nice dealership, pretty large (and new) service center.

Final anecdote, when I got the car back I finally allowed myself to completely put the gas pedal down to check out the acceleration (I think I was in second gear), I had a water bottle in the cup holder (not the useless one in the center console, the second one you can remove) and because of the acceleration the bottle literally flew off the cup holder and into the passenger's lap! (as much as testament to the power of the engine as of the fact that that cup holder is not that good at 'holding').
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 06:07 PM   #2
ESC OFF
Major
Rep
Drives: 1M, CaymanS, 914, 500 Abarth

Who wants to drive a loaner?

So the dealer screws up and you're happy about it? Peter Pan...really?
      01-26-2012, 06:13 PM   #3
ozinaldo
Brigadier General
Portugal
Rep
Drives: 1M

U double checked what fluids they actually filled, didn't u?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 06:22 PM   #4
terrapen73
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2016 M3 6MT

Garage List
2016 BMW M3  [0.00]
When my 2002 M Coupe went in for its 1200 mile service they changed oil and filter, diff. fluid, gearbox fluid, and changed the brake fluid. At the time I was told that was the standard service on M cars. Is an oil change all you get at the 1200 mile service now?
Appreciate 0
      01-26-2012, 07:09 PM   #5
Win
Private First Class
United_States
Rep
Drives: AW 1M

I got my 1200 service done there too. I felt relieved that the rep was a fellow 1M owner and so knew everything about it - my car was in very good hands.

Hope they get tranny fluid in so I can get mine changed!
Appreciate 0
      01-28-2012, 12:27 AM   #6
jnm
Second Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: fast, but could be faster

Quote:
Originally Posted by ozinaldo View Post
U double checked what fluids they actually filled, didn't u?
LOL I was sure someone here would ask I and yes they did, they would not have me wait an extra few days if they were going to use some other thing they had in stock, and as long as I got a free loaner I was happy to commute in it (a 328i convertible) for a few days.
Appreciate 0