E90Post

Coby Wheel

BMW 3-Series (E90 E92) Forum > E90 / E92 / E93 3-series Technical Forums > Mechanical Maintenance: Break-in / Oil & Fluids / Servicing / Warranty > The complete E90 problems tracking thread

08-13-2005, 02:25 AM   #23
Broken1
Addict
Rep
Drives: 2024 X5 40i M-Sport

Quote:
Originally Posted by arnie
330i
south africa
auto sport
sg, ca, sunroof, etc
problem: noise in steering wheel when turning it, dealer don't know what's wrong. please help, very annoying.
My steering wheel makes a whiiiir sound when it's near locking point. This is normal.

If it's making a noise round turning...you could need power steering fluid.
Appreciate 0
      08-13-2005, 02:39 PM   #24
arturo rivera
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i(e90)

seat belt noise

I have the exact same noise(tickling noise coming out seat belt compartment)driver seat close to the ear. Did you find a solution
regards
Arturo

330i sport premiun package
Appreciate 0
      08-14-2005, 09:51 AM   #25
Motofish
Rep
Drives: E90 320i

Model:320i (E90)
Automatic transmission (yes/no):Auto
I-Drive (yes/no):no
Active Steering (yes/no):no
Comfort Access (yes/no):no

Problem description:I am experincing the rattling noise from various parts of the cabin, electronic clicking sound behind the steering wheel, noise from the seat belt holder, wind noise from both driver and passenger windos and the wipers. Seems like I am driving a vintage car but its only a month old with 2000 Km on the road. How can that be possible, I ask myself. Is this not a premium sports car? Having said all that, I would still wake up everyday with the urged to push the Start button and hear the engine sound. Bringing the car back to the dealer (third time in a month) later this week to have the problems fixed - I hope for the best. Good luck with yours.

Motofish
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2005, 01:10 PM   #26
BMWNA
Private
Rep
Drives: BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by segfault
Model: 325i Sport
Automatic transmission (yes/no): No
I-Drive (yes/no): No
Active Steering (yes/no): No
Comfort Access (yes/no): No

Problem description: Low-battery warning after running accessories (but no headlights/parking lights) for ~5 minutes after the car is turned off. If I remove the key, the radio will power on for less than one second if I press the radio power button with the key out. The battery reads approximately 12.45 volts with a voltmeter when this condition occurs.

Problem description: Sounds as if a spring is loose in the drivers' seatbelt assembly or door.

Problem description: Wipers work in light rain, but skip and chatter during a heavy downpour. Tried cleaning the windshield but they still chatter.

I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

BMW NA Customer Relations
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2005, 01:49 PM   #27
bmw330ipty
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: 2006 Porsche Cayenne

Quote:
Originally Posted by BMW NA Customer Relations
I'm with BMW of North America, LLC. I've passed this message on to a BMW NA Customer Relations Representative who will be in touch with you soon.

BMW NA Customer Relations

Finally!!! BMW NA is checking out the forums to find the TRUTH.... i highly suggest you guys hire like 5-6 people to constantly monitor the forums and find the truth about dealerships, car problems, likes, dislikes etc.....
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2005, 02:46 PM   #28
rocky20nm
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: 2006 325i

My car steering wheel virbates around 50mph speed limit. The dealers has tried to fix it twice no success. It is very annoying to feel a shake in your hand when you are driving on the back road at that speed. BMW North america told me they do not know the fix. And also do not know when the fix will be in. All I can do is wait, no time limit. It has already been a month no news. They are really bad at communicating about issues they have no resolution to.

I am glad someone from BMW North America is going to read this. Hopefully, they will try to resolve the issue and make an attempt to make the customer happy in the right direction. Their website says so much about customer satisfaction and service they provide to customer. I have yet to see any of that.

If you are reading this message BMW America Customer relations, please try to take positive action and resolve my issue of the shimmy or put me in a new car.
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2005, 02:59 PM   #29
arnie
Rep
Drives: BMW 330d auto

the dealer sorted out my steering wheel noise problem, the steering shaft needed lubrication, my 330i had 50km on the clock, very glad they found the problem, no rattles or noises, enjoying the car so much. i don't want anything else. u go v&a bmw
Appreciate 0
      08-18-2005, 03:38 PM   #30
segfault
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: No longer own a BMW

Quote:
Originally Posted by bmw330ipty
Finally!!! BMW NA is checking out the forums to find the TRUTH.... i highly suggest you guys hire like 5-6 people to constantly monitor the forums and find the truth about dealerships, car problems, likes, dislikes etc.....

They do monitor the forums, but they can do little... The truth is, the way the franchise laws in the US are set up, they have almost no power over the dealers. The story I heard is that BMWNA tried to get all the dealers to sign new contracts agreeing to implement better customer service standards when the X5 was introduced. A group of dealerships sued BMWNA, who caved in and forgot the whole idea.

The "power" that BMWNA does have is that they can withhold the survey money from the dealers. As I understand it, this can amount to $100,000/month for a large dealership, and is based on the results of the satisfaction surveys they call with after a purchase or warranty service. It's an all-or-nothing thing, but, I think that most dealers get all of the money every month, and that it is rarely withheld, just a threat they can bandy about. And, the dealerships get to discard about 3% of the surveys they receive, so despite what they say, one bad report does not make or break their bonus money.

"Back home" in Germany the franchise laws are different, and the dealerships are under stricter scrutiny...
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2005, 10:52 AM   #31
prolix21
Second Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2020 BMW X3 xDrive30i

Garage List
Model:330i sport
Automatic transmission (yes/no): yes
I-Drive (yes/no): no
Active Steering (yes/no): no
Comfort Access (yes/no): no

Problem description: so far the car is fine, no real problems. the only annoyance so far is the interior rattles which sound like they are from the backseat and probably just the never ending sea of seatbelt pieces and seat hooks in this car. its pretty obvious it's these components bouncing around making the noise, i don't think its something they could fix. i may toss a sheet back there to cover them all up and see if the noises go away. at least then i'd know what it is, but if i turn the radio on i don't even hear it.
Appreciate 0
      08-22-2005, 06:40 PM   #32
GotanE90
325i Arctic
Rep
Drives: E90 325i

Loud Dash Snapping Noises with AC on

E90 3251 6SP Man

Anyone experienced very loud spapping noises from the dash with the AC on? I understand some noises from contraction are probably normal, but this sounds like stones are hitting the windshield. Just curious if anyone else has experienced before I contact the dealer.
Appreciate 0
      08-29-2005, 07:42 AM   #33
Tobbe_E90
Registered
Rep
Drives: BMW 325 E90

Noise

This is a known problem to the early E90 from feb and march production. There is something wrong with the list around the window that causes bad noice if windy or high speed traveling.
Go to your BMW dealer and get it fixed.
Appreciate 0
      09-03-2005, 03:08 PM   #34
Hornet
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: g20 330d xdrive

320i delivered 2.9.2005, 50km driven.

During normal driving, the yellow tire pressure warning appeared suddenly and right after that, the DSC light came on also.
I pulled over asap and checked the tires and found no visible damage/lost pressure. Drove back to the garage and checked the tire pressures and they were ok.

Then I read the manual and tried to reset the TPM system but for some reason it won't let me complete the last stage.
The DSC light is now constantly on. It seems that the problem might be a faulty sensor of some kind. Car goes to service on tuesday.

Meanwhile, we will continue to drive (carefully) because the manual states it's possible. Also called the service and they said we can drive normally.

Anyone heard of these kind of problems before?

Last edited by Hornet; 09-03-2005 at 06:38 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-06-2005, 11:28 AM   #35
Hornet
Lieutenant
Finland
Rep
Drives: g20 330d xdrive

Update.
Nothing but a software issue. Dealer reset the onboard computer and the problem was solved.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2005, 05:02 AM   #36
williamho
Registered
Rep
Drives: 330i (E90)

It happened to mine as well. The dealer found out it was due to a faulty steering wheel sensor which constantly feeding data (steering angle) to the DSC system. Regarding the tire pressure warning light, my understanding is that it will always come on before the DSC warning light. So I don't think there is any thing wrong with your tire.
Appreciate 0
      09-08-2005, 07:07 AM   #37
Spooner
Rep
Drives: E90 330

Answer RE: Driver Seatbelt Noise.

Had this from day one, the seat belt would also lock up (and stay locked) when I tried to put it on.

They changed the seat belt and solved noise and lock up problem.

Going back in again on 21st/9 to try and resolve other issues:

Wind noise
Gear box judder/confusion (Auto)
CD Changer Jumping/sound quality changes
Metalic noise at low speed acceleration

Problem is I'm getting paranoid now
Appreciate 0
      09-14-2005, 01:25 PM   #38
shuzmaker
First Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: e90 325iAS

Garage List
2006 325i  [0.00]
Jet Black 325i Automatic, Sport, heated seats, and Sat Radio Prep.

Good points: Handling, Transmission, gas consumption, power, and sound system.

Bad points: Seat Belt makes clicky noise from the B-Pillar and is driving me NUTS!
Will be bringing it to the dealer tomorrow.

Run Flat tires are horrible. Vibration if you do under 65mph. Spedo is 3miles too fast.

Rattling noise coming from the dash.

Last edited by shuzmaker; 10-27-2005 at 08:00 PM..
Appreciate 0
      09-24-2005, 08:31 PM   #39
aimare4losers
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: silver

on my door panels i have these little circle things. one on each door panel on driver and passenger side only.its covered with a gray mesh llike thing. and wen i turn on my car and twist the knob in the center dash to try to turn on my ac i hear wierd noises come out of it but no ac...anyone having the same problem???

ahahahaha jk i was bored guys im sorry..but since you guys are here anywaies...i was wondering if you can take out the lower grill of my 290..the ones next to the fog lights and under the kideny grills, without having to take off the whole bumper.can anyone teach me how to take it off. i wanted to paint it black to match with my shadow grills..
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2005, 06:15 AM   #40
greg2
Rep
Drives: BMW 330i, E90

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tor330
Model: 330i
Automatic transmission (yes/no):No
I-Drive (yes/no):No
Active Steering (yes/no):Yes
Comfort Access (yes/no):No

Problem: Ticking noise in driver's side seat belt assy - directly next (even with) dirver's left ear. Noise is distracting and annoying.
I have the same problem, in addition to creaking and squeaking front seats....took it in today to get looked at. Will let you know if it gets resolved
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2005, 06:49 AM   #41
jwarcd
Rep
Drives: e90

I have lots of rattles coming from:

- B-pillar seat belt
- Instrument cluster
- NAV
- Somewhere in the rear seats.
- Passenger door

While I love the performance of this car, I expected higher standards from BMW for it's interior quality.

Model:330i sport
Automatic transmission (yes/no): No
I-Drive (yes/no): Yes
Active Steering (yes/no): no
Comfort Access (yes/no): no
Appreciate 0
      10-11-2005, 02:58 PM   #42
Scott Carpenter
BMW Employee
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2006 E90 325i

Garage List
Model:
Automatic transmission (yes/no):NO
I-Drive (yes/no):YES
Active Steering (yes/no):NO
Comfort Access (yes/no):NO

Problem description: Oil consumption.
Appreciate 0
      10-16-2005, 04:20 PM   #43
tctic
Major
Canada
Rep
Drives: BMW E90

Windshield Wipers are chattering when returning to the original position. What is the cause of this? Brought it in to the dealership twice. Once replaced the rubber and the second time, they said they waxed and cleaned it. (which is after one week.) Problem seems to have disappeared for 15 minutes after using the windshield wipers when raining. But it came back again... I cleaned the wipers again and the chattering eased off. Does this mean I have to clean it every 15min to stop the chattering problem? Anyone else with this problem? BTW, it's an E90 delivered at the beginning of Sept.
Appreciate 0
      10-17-2005, 09:31 AM   #44
segfault
Private First Class
Rep
Drives: No longer own a BMW

tctic - wipers chatter

Mine did the same thing when it was new. It stopped after a couple of months. I suspect it's the new rubber on the blades, so replacing them may just make it work improperly that much longer.
Appreciate 0