BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

03-11-2009, 10:36 PM   #1
silv135vert
Rep
Drives: 135 Titanium Silver Vert

Convertible Back Window Cleaning

Hi all,

I put the 303 water repellant on my top today, and it made the top look great. However, when I applied it, it got on my windows. I feel as if I was able to get it off all the windows but the back window. Dead on, the back window looks clear, however, if I look at it at an angle when the sun in shining, it looks greasy (for lack of a better description). I don't know if this is from the cleaner or from a products at the car wash.

Is this back window glass? Any recommendations on a strong window cleaner? I was going to try rubbing alcohol or white vinegar.

Thanks.
Appreciate 0
      03-12-2009, 07:53 AM   #2
BlackjackMulligan
Most interesting Roadster
United_States
Rep
Drives: '01 Z3.0 Roady;'10 C300 Sport

Garage List
Quote:
Originally Posted by silv135vert View Post
Hi all,

I put the 303 water repellant on my top today, and it made the top look great. However, when I applied it, it got on my windows. I feel as if I was able to get it off all the windows but the back window. Dead on, the back window looks clear, however, if I look at it at an angle when the sun in shining, it looks greasy (for lack of a better description). I don't know if this is from the cleaner or from a products at the car wash.

Is this back window glass? Any recommendations on a strong window cleaner? I was going to try rubbing alcohol or white vinegar.

Thanks.
It's glass. I would try a quality window cleaner like 3M or Stoner. If that doesn't work how about a mix of Dawn (to cut grease/wax) and water in a spray bottle?

- Joe Walsh
Appreciate 0
      03-14-2009, 09:19 PM   #3
Tom K.
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: '07 328iT, '13 Boxster

Next time, you might try RaggTopp protectant for the top as any overspray easily wipes off all windows and trim.
Tom
Appreciate 0