BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

06-13-2019, 12:24 PM   #1
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Rear Bumper on 128i

Is a 135i rear bumper an exact swap on the 128i?

I will probably be doing some exterior mods next, and I really like the 135i "M" sport bumper with the stock single exhaust outlet and different colored diffuser. I think it would give a nice contrast to my Alpine White.

Since I found my side skirts, I plan to do a rear and front bumper swap as well.

With the front, I will probably do an M-Tek (? spelling) so that I can retain my stock fog lights.

I plan to spray them myself as my friend has a booth I can use, and do my own installation and just looking for something that needed no modification.

I think I have read the rear bumper if OEM was a direct replacement. I need to do more research into the front bumper though as I have heard of some aftermarket parts that needed belly-pan or fender-liner rework.

Not looking for the "1M" look, just something a little more aggressive looking. I have seen the Performance Aero front bumper, but I have heard it's hard to get ahold of.

Thanks in advance!
      06-14-2019, 11:50 AM   #2
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post

I will probably be doing some exterior mods next, and I really like the 135i "M" sport bumper with the stock single exhaust outlet and different colored diffuser. I think it would give a nice contrast to my Alpine White.

Since I found my side skirts, I plan to do a rear and front bumper swap as well.

With the front, I will probably do an M-Tek (? spelling) so that I can retain my stock fog lights.

I plan to spray them myself as my friend has a booth I can use, and do my own installation and just looking for something that needed no modification.

I think I have read the rear bumper if OEM was a direct replacement. I need to do more research into the front bumper though as I have heard of some aftermarket parts that needed belly-pan or fender-liner rework.

Not looking for the "1M" look, just something a little more aggressive looking. I have seen the Performance Aero front bumper, but I have heard it's hard to get ahold of.

Thanks in advance!
I believe aside from the bumper itself you'd need the supporting brackets/mounts/center cover beneath the bumper itself if they are different (chances are they will be) but other than that you should be fine. The 1M bumper does involve more work that I know for sure.
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 02:02 PM   #3
carscatscoffee15
Lieutenant
United_States
Rep
Drives: BMW 128i ZED Package

Quote:
Originally Posted by carscatscoffee15 View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by Rmtt View Post

Thanks in advance!
I believe aside from the bumper itself you'd need the supporting brackets/mounts/center cover beneath the bumper itself if they are different (chances are they will be) but other than that you should be fine. The 1M bumper does involve more work that I know for sure.
also.. this has been covered before apparently less work than I thought

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show....php?t=1415426
Mods Done: AA Exhaust/Headers | 3SIM | MILVs | StageFP Dyno Tuned | Euro Box Intake Swap | LCI Blackline Tailights | OEM Euro Bi-Xenon Swap from Halogen | Rear Bumper M-Sport Swap | Rear PDC Retrofit | BMW OEM CF Diffuser/Spoiler | BMW Front Aero Kit | Supersprint Sec 1 Cat Delete Straight Pipes

To Do: Ohlins R n T Suspension | Front/Rear Sway Bars | M3 Front Control Arms/Bushings

Eventually: AT -> MT Swap (!?)
Appreciate 0
      06-14-2019, 04:21 PM   #4
Rmtt
Colonel
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2011 BMW 128i, 2008 LS3 C6

Nice. I was thinking it was supposed to be a direct swap from looking at part numbers.

Thanks for the response!
Appreciate 0