BMW 1 Series Coupe Forum / 1 Series Convertible Forum (1M / tii / 135i / 128i / Coupe / Cabrio / Hatchback) (BMW E82 E88 128i 130i 135i)

09-27-2010, 09:32 AM   #23
Red Bread
Major General
United_States
Rep
Drives: Smog machines

Quote:
Originally Posted by Evice View Post
Not sure what you meant. Care to elaborate a bit?
The previous quote was about many advantages to high performance tires really only showing up on the track. I track the M Coupe a good bit, and find that the Michelin PS2 tires are a good compromise for a road and track tire, and for my purposes, more useful than an R compound.

As for mentioning waiting for the air to show in the 135i tires, I was simply saying that I'll drive it until I can see air, i.e. the tire is completely shot. However I have to get an inspection next month, and I'm already into the wear bars, so I'll probably just switch from the OE Bridgestone RE-050a RFT's to non RFT PS2's.

One thing that I think a lot of recent BMW drivers overlook is that many BMW M Cars have come with non RFT's and no spare for years, and we've all lived with it just fine. I'm looking forward to removing the terrible OE tires and seeing what the 1er really drives like.
Appreciate 0