09-24-2018, 09:59 PM   #23
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep
Drives: 2004 330i ZHP, 2022 Cayman T

Quote:
Originally Posted by Tornado1M View Post
So, if this is covered in the States, would someone please post up the letter stating the amendment to the warranty book?

Would like to keep it on file just in case!

Thanks
US Owners got a letter, but not Canadians.

https://www.1addicts.com/forums/show...ector+warranty
Appreciate 1
Tornado1M1206.00
      09-26-2018, 09:03 PM   #24
rapter
Lieutenant
Rep
Drives: 1(M)other f*^#er of a car

Quote:
Originally Posted by nachob View Post
Quote:
Originally Posted by rapter View Post
Update:

Bmw told me that there will be no warrantee coverage, no good will, no exception....nothing.

Pay the bill to repair the fuel pump or go elsewhere.

Same response for the upcoming fuel injectors which will have to be replaced.
I got the same response on my canadian 1M in the US. No warranty on injectors only the US ones. I would still file a claim with a canadian consumer agency because BMW has admitted in the US that they are defective. They just figure Canadian's too nice to complain.

On a different topic, I recently changed the coils on mine and I saw a tiny bit of valve cover seepage. Not enough to be critical but after having all the parts out, if I would've had the valve cover gasket on hand, I might have just done it also.
Finally, I recently bought the Schwaben BMW scan tool specifically because it said you could code the injectors. It's a very useful tool.

the one thing I haven't researched yet is which injectors are the same as original equipment. I see VDO, Bosch, and other brands. If I didn't put BMW Index 12 injectors, I would love to positively know which ones are the exact same ones as BMW's. Sorry for you hassles. Let us know what you find out as we will all be in the same boat soon.

Finally, there are several here in Toronto, you might even be able to borrow the Schwaben tool. If you were closer, i would loan you mine.
Hpfp was replaced on Monday and the car returned, my ticket but the dealership were good to me and discounted some parts and labour.

The car has a very rough idle all of a sudden and unfortunately for me the charge pipe blew off during my return commute.

Will have to book the car back into the shop to sort out the above.

I will call consumer affairs about this matter. Could someone post the fuel injector US paper work so I can reference that.
Appreciate 0
      09-26-2018, 09:18 PM   #25
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
Update:

Bmw told me that there will be no warrantee coverage, no good will, no exception....nothing.

Pay the bill to repair the fuel pump or go elsewhere.

Same response for the upcoming fuel injectors which will have to be replaced.
I got the same response on my canadian 1M in the US. No warranty on injectors only the US ones. I would still file a claim with a canadian consumer agency because BMW has admitted in the US that they are defective. They just figure Canadian's too nice to complain.

On a different topic, I recently changed the coils on mine and I saw a tiny bit of valve cover seepage. Not enough to be critical but after having all the parts out, if I would've had the valve cover gasket on hand, I might have just done it also.
Finally, I recently bought the Schwaben BMW scan tool specifically because it said you could code the injectors. It's a very useful tool.

the one thing I haven't researched yet is which injectors are the same as original equipment. I see VDO, Bosch, and other brands. If I didn't put BMW Index 12 injectors, I would love to positively know which ones are the exact same ones as BMW's. Sorry for you hassles. Let us know what you find out as we will all be in the same boat soon.

Finally, there are several here in Toronto, you might even be able to borrow the Schwaben tool. If you were closer, i would loan you mine.
Hpfp was replaced on Monday and the car returned, my ticket but the dealership were good to me and discounted some parts and labour.

The car has a very rough idle all of a sudden and unfortunately for me the charge pipe blew off during my return commute.

Will have to book the car back into the shop to sort out the above.

I will call consumer affairs about this matter. Could someone post the fuel injector US paper work so I can reference that.
It's in the post above. I put a link to it. I hope you contact consumer affairs. It's messed up they're doing this to Canadians. Thamks
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 05:28 PM   #26
M_Thrizzle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VO 1M; E46 ///M3

I've only had my 1M for a few weeks but the fuel mileage is lower than it should be. I haven't been driving too aggressively and with about 2/3rds of a tank of highway driving, I got 20mpg. On my current tank it is around 16.

Is low fuel economy a symptom of leaky injectors? The tailpipes have a fair amount of soot on them too. The idle can be lumpy every now and then. Car has 23k miles.
Appreciate 0
      01-10-2019, 06:24 PM   #27
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Thrizzle View Post
I've only had my 1M for a few weeks but the fuel mileage is lower than it should be. I haven't been driving too aggressively and with about 2/3rds of a tank of highway driving, I got 20mpg. On my current tank it is around 16.

Is low fuel economy a symptom of leaky injectors? The tailpipes have a fair amount of soot on them too. The idle can be lumpy every now and then. Car has 23k miles.
Don't think injectors cause significant mileage increase. The most common would be bad o2 sensor but that would trigger a code. They do get bad mileage unless you drive super conservative and the tank is small. Is your car stock?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 01:17 AM   #28
M_Thrizzle
Enlisted Member
Rep
Drives: VO 1M; E46 ///M3

Quote:
Don't think injectors cause significant mileage increase. The most common would be bad o2 sensor but that would trigger a code. They do get bad mileage unless you drive super conservative and the tank is small. Is your car stock?
Yes, AFAIK it's stock. Will BMW just replace the injectors if I ask?
Appreciate 0
      01-11-2019, 07:55 AM   #29
nachob
Brigadier General
United_States
Rep

Quote:
Originally Posted by M_Thrizzle View Post
Quote:
Yes, AFAIK it's stock. Will BMW just replace the injectors if I ask?
Not just for asking but they will test them. You have to declare a problem first. If they find something "wrong" they will replace them. If they are making a lot of noise, you have a miss, bad running motor or engine light. Maybe fuel mileage but that's a tougher one. I think it's worth getting the car looked at for sure. Even for piece of mind.
Appreciate 0